Dongle Crack for SX 2

In your esteemed opinion, do you think that Hector is;

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I can't even believe there is even a debate out there about this. Its not a gray area. I only see it one possible way.

Morally speaking, downloading software or not paying for software you are supposed to pay for is wrong. No if's, and's or but's about it.

Legally speaking, well, what do you know, it's wrong too.

Just my 2 cents.

chamelious said:
Well, all i know is i cant afford that amount of money for some cds, and i probably never will be able too. Im only 18 currently though. If and when i can afford it, i'll be happy to pay. For now £600 for something i can download, im afraid its too easy to download it.
A very tired, not to mention stupid, point that people keep spewing to rationalize s/w theft........

I can't afford a Ferrari.... if and when i can afford it, i'll be happy to pay -- for now though, I'll just steal it.....

what a fuckin' load of shit........ :rolleyes:

Blue Bear Sound said:
A very tired, not to mention stupid, point that people keep spewing to rationalize s/w theft........

I can't afford a Ferrari.... if and when i can afford it, i'll be happy to pay -- for now though, I'll just steal it.....

what a fuckin' load of shit........ :rolleyes:

I feel this is an inaccurate analargy. Im sure that it costs ferrari a lot of money to actually build a car, a lot of work is put into each individual one, etc. How much does it cost a steinberg when someone downloads cubase? Nothing.

I dont need to rationalise s/w theft. It can/does/will happen regardless of what i say or do;this is simply a discussion that i found interesting and thought i'd join in on. No need to get personnal.

"Morally speaking, downloading software is wrong" So says you.
"Legally speaking, it is too" Its illigal to record friends off tv.

^Just some more to think about. Perhaps we're dealing with a grey area of a differant sort, we can all agree that stealing is wrong, but a starving man may steal to keep his family alive, not as wrong as say a greedy man stealing a car just because he wants it. Point- There are levels of moral wrong. Unless you believe in an absolute moral wrong, ala Kant....

I am absolutely amazed at the character, or lack there of, of those of you people who even remotely try to justify ill gotten software or music for that matter. You people are simply pathetic. What even amazes me more is the fact that some of you even show a certain level of intelligence in your posts.
To me .... that is no sense of societies concept of normal decent morals. It's just your ridiculous way of not accepting your guilt.
Obviously the software is out there and easily obtainable via download, but the consensus of ... I'm not hurting anything, because if I don't do it many others will anyway ... is totally unacceptable.

Do what you feel you must and earn the respect you deserve. None from the decent and honest.

I pirate alot of music and even some software. I'm using a pirated copy of Windows XP. I can't download any service packs.. but meh.

I have a pirated copy of Cubase SX that I use. When I can actually afford it, or find a used one, I will buy it. This does not justify what I am doing.. but whatever. I also only use freeware plugins.. heh. Not that it really means anything.

I'm an asshole for it, and I know it. I just can't afford anything. Pirating is an easy way out of paying for stuff.

I am looking into getting a legit copy of XP. I'm not sure how I'll afford it. I am also looking into a used copy of Cubase.

Sorry to everyone who cares..

I feel this is an inaccurate analargy. Im sure that it costs ferrari a lot of money to actually build a car, a lot of work is put into each individual one, etc. How much does it cost a steinberg when someone downloads cubase? Nothing.

What the fuck is so hard to understand about this ????? Go back and read the rest of the post. The cost is recovered in the price of the software. It takes time and resources for Steinberg to develop a program that is not so easy for people like you to crack.

Your right - you are an asshole for stealing it. And Windows XP. You make it difficult for the rest of us to run our software legally. You shouldn't even be here.

Let's face it... our future is doomed.

The digital realm is where innovation will be tomorrow and the entire pulse of worldwide commerce will depend on the digital realm (it already does). Now, if you consider the digital realm with respect to a relatively declining outlook on morals, ethics and values within societies entering this realm, you may detect an alarming trend. My take is that our "shrug" attitude, as a society, to stealing things digital (EVERY KID GROWING UP NOW STEALS SOME COPYRIGHTED AND PROTECTED MATERIAL AND DOESN'T THINK IT MATTERS) means that we are hastening the arrival of big brother (a la Minority Report/1984) where we are all monitored in order to prevent things like computer security failures, financial failures, terrorism and IP rights violations.

Just as is the case with our dependence on fossil fuels, where will wait until it all collapses until we do anything about it, we will also lose a great deal of personal liberty and freedom in the coming years due to the general blase attitudes you are reading right now (mark my words, save this post, you'll see). You can kiss your privacy away. Does this seem a little dramatic over just a "wee little crack 'cuz I can't afford it yo'"? Pirating is rampant world-wide; labor and production are going to the lowest bidder and economies thrive on sweat-shop goods. Meanwhile, the prices for "quality" software is likely to go up and up.

So, I won't say that I'm a saint and have never done a bad thing (yes, I visited Napster way back when to see if it was true), but I have, as an adult, purchased the things that I want. In addition to factors related to greed and a changing global economy, companies that develop technologies like Cubase (meaning, software companies in general) will continue to jack the prices due to costs related to piracy. At the same time, economies in developed western countries will flounder further as cuts continue in domestic labor in favor of cheap sweat-shop labor overseas such that investors' quarterly targets are met.

So, the next FUCK that comes on here with some candy-assed, weak-tit comment like "dude it's like stealing a measly candy bar - chill out; dude, I can't afford it, so I'll steal it now; dude, they weren't gettin my money anyway; (or my favorite) dude, FUCK YOU SQUARES, I'm cool and rebelious and I'm gonna steal this shit anyway" will be the asshole I clock in the back of the head as we both stand in the unemployment line.

Just for the record, i dont have a cracked version on cubase.

Off to slight tangent, does no one feel that the actual price of these programs is a little extreme?

chamelious said:

Do you live in a fuckin cave or are you just that stupid. How many millions of dollars do you think Steinberg paid it's employees to write a piece of software like Cubase? Huh! Not to mention documentation/manuals packaging, tech support, rent, insurance, employee benefits yadda yadda.... How can you say it costs them nothing when people steal it? It's a product, just like that Ferrari.

My advice to anyone using a cracked copy of SX/SL/SE is to save just a little money and get a second hand copy of VST off of ebay. For me at least it has proven to be an easier programme to use plus it is selling so cheap at the moment as most people are upgrading to SX.

It's not expensive and you can use it knowing you're not screwing the next guy (or musician) over. You also get the support of everyone in this forum, which is worth more than money sometimes.......

HangDawg said:
Do you live in a fuckin cave or are you just that stupid. How many millions of dollars do you think Steinberg paid it's employees to write a piece of software like Cubase? Huh! Not to mention documentation/manuals packaging, tech support, rent, insurance, employee benefits yadda yadda.... How can you say it costs them nothing when people steal it? It's a product, just like that Ferrari.

Thats great.

If i downloaded a cracked cubase sx and told no one, how is that costing Steinberg anything? Its a product, but its not just like a ferrari. Two ferrari's existing costs more to produce than one. Two versions of cubase(downloaded) costs the same as two hundred- nothing.

Im sure that most of the people who are arguing with me have bought legit copys of the software in question and are therefor annoyed that people are getting things for free that they paid for. Life's too short to live it on anyone elses terms, a guitar is worth a few hundred quid to me, a few cd's isnt.

What the hell do you mean "Is my integrity?"!. Do you mean is my integrity worth a few hundred quid to me?? Obviously not judging by the size of my mp3 collection...

in·teg·ri·ty

1. Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code.
2. The state of being unimpaired; soundness.
3. The quality or condition of being whole or undivided; completeness.

You might as well go steal that jag and that guitar now.... As it's been said over and over and over and over and over and over again..It's all the same.

A thief is a thief is a thief. Your arguments are all pathetic.

This has nothing to do with jealousy as I tend not to be jealousy of thiefs...

In layman's terms, integrity is always doing the right thing, even when no one is watching and no one will ever know; and yes, that's what I mean.

I don't mean to come off sounding too high and mighty. Heaven knows I have my own set of weaknesses I need to work on. Everybody does. To quote C.S. Lewis: "Lord, grant me the patience to tolerate those that sin differently than I do."

A
www.aaroncheney.com

vestast said:
in·teg·ri·ty

1. Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code.
2. The state of being unimpaired; soundness.
3. The quality or condition of being whole or undivided; completeness.

You might as well go steal that jag and that guitar now.... As it's been said over and over and over and over and over and over again..It's all the same.

A thief is a thief is a thief. Your arguments are all pathetic.

This has nothing to do with jealousy as I tend not to be jealousy of thiefs...

I have plenty of integrity. Just because i happen to have a slightly differant set of morals to you doesn't mean you're the better person. I live by life from a utalitarian perspective- Its not all the same.

My arguments arnt pathetic because im not arguing with you, if i was then i would be trying to change your opinion and i would be a lot more animated, as you are. As it stands im attempting to discuss something.

Like i said life's too short to live it on anyone elses terms.

Fair enough.

You don't have to live life on my terms. And I'm not trying to say that I'm better than you either, but you cannot expect anyone to react very well to arguments of (I'm paraphrasing) "no one gets hurt" or "They don't loose any money" - because that is just not true.....

the whole ferrari analogy doesnt really work, this is why.

1. if you able to drive out of the ferrari factory with a stolen car good luck, and even better luck if you can use it anywhere, not like driving a honda civic, im sure you would draw a lot of attention.(mr police man)

2. the owner of the car , who most likly paid for the ferrari, is the one that is out money , not the factory because he paid for the damn car.

3. we all pay for the insurance rate hikes because its such a damn expensive car.

so in the end we do pay for the theft, but the whole ferrari thing does not really apply because the mr. ferrari got paid to begin with, where mr stienberg didnt..

Blue Bear Sound said:
Based on your comments... no - you don't.

So there ! :p

You would think based on the number of people that have commented in here against stealing, that people would stop with the whole "I wouldn't have bought it anyway" crap...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back