does this website exist??

DAB

is there a site where i can read the basic concepts of mixing.....such as what is compression,limiters,etc,,,,what is there purpose?what do they do?when to use them and why?

any good sites?

Sweet Boneless Christ!!!!!!

I'm stunned. No, I'm ...uh, shocked, no, I'm sad.

I need to go download the internet...

Oh,Ok I get it. This is just a test right? Just a test to see how much you can wind us all up. Right?? Well it's not gonna work. See we're not gonna get all pissed off because you didn't read the first page on the site 'cause we know this is just a test. It's just a test, right? Right????

dab ,

firstly...surfing this site is a start..but for old school people like me sometimes i find a book alot more helpful.. take 20 bucks and head out to the local barnes and noble and pick up a homerecording book in the music section.. they undoubtedly have a bunch..just make sure its less than 2 or 3 years old , or you risk it being out dated.. i recomend "home recording for musicians" by craig anderton , it has alot of what your looking for...

- eddie -

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>some of us here have only recently learned to urinate indoors<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would you do *THAT*?

I have a back yard....I pee in it...there's no man alive that doesn't like to pee in their back yards, or side yards, or front yards if the bushes are adequate...I don't know if it's the urge to mark my territory, or because I can, or because it's some kind of spiritual experience in a pissy sorta way...peeing outside totally rules....gibs

Dab, assuming you ever read this (i.e. haven't been chased off by the previous responses!) then I have to agree that your first move should be a good book, from a good music store or a source like Amazon.com. The last time I was in Guitar Center I saw several good books on basic recording technology in their Pro Audio department. Grab one of those and read through it, then come back to this web site with your specific questions. Magazines can be a good source too, although many of them (like MIX) are geared towards the experianced engineer/producer. Since you have an interest in the subject, maybe you already know someone who is an amateur or a professional. If so, try to hang around with him/her sometime when he/she is doing a mix down and just stay in the background and watch. And good luck to you...

I look at pis sing outside as my way of giving something back to nature. My small contribution to the ecological process. Hey DAB, just for fun, which boards are your other 15 posts on? I'd like to read them................Just kidding.....I've laid a goose egg on this board by asking stupid questions.....Welcome......Ray J

Back