Does this happen to you????

Heat

I am using Cool Edit Version 1.1...and running to a Tascam TMD-1000. I am running the outputs from My Event Layla to the inputs of my mixer for my mixdowns. The problem i have is when I select my output ports on Cool Edit lets say Layla 3/4 output....I can only use one of the ports....let me see if I can explain it better:

I have a guitar track I am sending on Layla output 3/4....and i have a bass track that I send on output 3/4..i run this to my mixer...but the problem is it sends both the bass track and guitar track to the input of the mixer. Is there a way in cool edit to designate to output 3, and then 4 seperately...i know when recording i can select either left or right input or stereo.......but have found nothing in cool edit that lets me do it with my output ports.....

I am hoping somebody has a similar setup that can give some advice........

Thanks for reading...

Heat

heres the trick, my man. On input, you can choose one by picking left or right, right? but on output, CEP is sending a stereo pair, so by necessity it MUST send to two outs.
No getting around that.
BUT you can pan your guitar track all the way to the left and your bass track all the way to the right, either with an envelope or by assigning the whole track to 100% L or R...and send them both seperately on 3/4, and it should be clean.

thats that.

xoxoxo

Back