Does this first time setup sound ok?

If your doing Overdub work then yeah, but it might be an idea to get a nice LD condenser for vocals if your male I like AKG Perception 220's and their decently priced. Also your gonna need a daw. You could just go for reaper, I haven't used it but heard a lot of good reviews. Just my two cents :)

oh lord before I forget, make sure you factor MORE money than you were planning for crap like stands cables etc. You need to make sure you put away a good bit that caught me out :P Damn XLR Cables going walkies

yeah i got that covered!!
oh lord before I forget, make sure you factor MORE money than you were planning for crap like stands cables etc. You need to make sure you put away a good bit that caught me out :P Damn XLR Cables going walkies

Monitors. KRK RP5 G2. Found pair on CL for $170.

Recommend a CAD 179 for versatile (multi-patterned) LD condenser for vocals. $110. (overdubbing)

If using LE5 that comes with your 1800 I highly recommend a second monitor. I couldn't imagine using Cubase without dual monitors.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, Your going to need something to use as preamps for remaining input channels on your 1800. Drums use 8, only 2 internal pre's left. You could use a small mixer with multiple outs (l,r,effect send, aux send) as an easy cheap way for the last 4 analog inputs. A little better would be to get a couple ART 2 ch preamps. For rehearsals I would use the effects sends on live board to feed vocals to 11 & 12. Bass DI to 13. XLR to 1/4" cables into 9 & 10 for guitar amps.

Back