Does this exist?

guitarfreak12

I can't seem to find a decent mixer with more than 8 direct outs. Even the mackies that have 16 mono's only have 8 direct outs. How the heck am I supposed to multi track if I need more than 8 tracks? Also, I see myself getting really serious soon, so I might save up for a firewire mixer, what other options do I have if I want a setup that can multi track more than 12 or so? As of now I have a delta 1010lt. I could get another but is that really the right way to go?

look at Allen and Heath or Soundcraft. The GLS series of Allen and Heath has balenced direct outs on all mono channels, as well as the mix wizards which I own.

yeah, but using the post fader stuff comes in handy. What's the best way to get more "ins" in my computer, is something with more ins and outs than delta 1010lt?

I always do the post fader stuff once it is in the box. The EQs in a low end mixer usually aren't great and those in the DAW do as good if not better and you don't get yourself in a corner. Anyway, there are a lot of options. Look for something with ADAT light pipe as that is an easy way to expand.

an interface with a lightpipe, or a mixer?
And here's the big question, should I get the allen & heath and a bigger interface or should I hold my money and get a Mackie Onyx with firewire? And any suggestions you may have, can you point me to some examples? And how do I get from a lightpipe interface to the computer? A card with a digital i/o?

guitarfreak12 said:
yeah, but using the post fader stuff comes in handy. What's the best way to get more "ins" in my computer, is something with more ins and outs than delta 1010lt?

If your mobo has room to spare, you could just add another 1010lt. I have one personally, but as my needs grow, I'll be adding a second one.
I agree about using the inserts, I don't like it. I like having a bit of EQ before hitting the computer! Dual 1010lt's are known to work pretty seemlessly.

I like the direct outputs cause you can use the pfl to send a channel to headphones if needed. I like the pfl, it is good, me and the pfl get along. I usually don't eq unless I'm positive I don't want to change it in the computer.

The Allen&Heath MixWizard 16 has 16 mono channels, all with direct outs switchable pre or post fade.

Back