Does Sonar have a Gate/Expander pluggin?

jpfour23

Hey all,

I'm still a noob on Sonar... is there a gate/expander that I can use to help control bleed on mics? Like when I'm tracking drums?

Thx,
JP

Hey,

What version are you using? Sonar 3 and 4 Producer editions have the Sonitus gate, which is excellent. Studio editions still have Cakewalk's FX 1 pack, which has a gate/expander in it. The only problem is they aren't installed by default. All you have to do is put in the install CD, start to regularly install the program, uncheck everything but audio effects when it asks you what to install, then click the box by "audio effects" and check "FX Dynamics processor" (or something around those lines). That should work for you.

Hope that made sense.

Yep. Right-click in the fx box on the track, select the sonitus gate, and just leave it in there. You could use busses, but that's just a lot more work for similar results.

Will using the sonitus gate wear on my processing considerably? I mean should I be careful to use it... or is it okay to throw it on 6-7 tracks with different settings?

Sonitus plugs aren't resource hogs. You should be able to run 10+ easily enough with latency sliders set not too low.

I LOVE the sonitus plugins. Call me crazy, but I like most of them better than their waves counterparts!

Same here. There always seems to be one of the sonitus plugs (at least) on each track of one of my projects. Although I haven't messed with the Waves plugins.

Back