Does recording vocals in a bathroom really has an advantage

Reefer

It seems like the reverb from the bathroom would make it sound awful.I've never recorded in a bathroom but I've heard around that their is an advantage in doing so.Is that true?

I LOVE MY BATHROOM VOX!!!

I don't necessarily have an answer to your post, just a comment.

I wrote a song where the lyrics specifically say:

'Here i sit, soaking in the tub...
waiting on, your stupid ass to call'

OK...anywho...i TRIED...to mimic that bathroom vox effect with no luck. I have a small bathroom with a big a$$ jacuzzi tub...man, when the tub is FULL of HOT water and the door is closed, it is the BEST PLACE to sing...EVER!!! I mean the reverb is PERFECT...and i can't recreate it to save my soul. Now...the bathroom IS directly around the corner from my recording setup and i do have an INCREDIBLY long mic line...however...i can't figure out how the heck to record IN the bathroom as i would HAVE to leave some serious time to
1) press record
2) run into bathroom and shut door
3) make sure i don't strangle myself with headphone cord or mic chord
4) prepare to sing
5) sing
6) run back into studio area without strangling or tripping myself
7) press STOP.

If i had some loot...i'd get a pedal control of some kind...i have a 'any kind of noise' auto start deal going on...but that doesn't really work unless i run into the bathroom with the mic OFF,

I don't know...it's a great thought...but seems kind of rough for me...and imagine if my bathroom was farther AWAY! EEEK...until i figure it out...i guess my bathroom will just have to remain...vox practice central until i can make it more useful.:(

Back