Does Reaper have any love at all for Addictive Drums?

HapiCmpur

Downloaded Reaper. Downloaded Addictive Drums. THEN found out that Reaper is not a supported host of Addictive Drums.

Yet I hear rumors that they work together.

Can anyone tell me how to access the Addictive Drums interface through Reaper. Please use layman's terms, if at all possible. I've never used either of these applications before -- nor anything like them, for that matter.

Thanks,
HC

To use AD, create a new track, then in the FX Browser, bring up the VSTi option. AD should appear there, and then it's simply a matter of dragging and dropping beats into the track window.

let me know if you have ANY issues. AFAIK AD was working fine in reaper. I'll email the AD developer now just in case

To use AD, create a new track, then in the FX Browser, bring up the VSTi option. AD should appear there, and then it's simply a matter of dragging and dropping beats into the track window.
When I follow these directions, I get taken to a window with these options listed in it:

VSTi: ReaSampl0matic5000 (Cockos)
VSTi: ReaSynDr (Cockos)
VSTi: ReaSynth (Cockos)

I don't think these are part of AD, right? Also, none of them are drag'n'drop-able, and when I double-click on them I get taken to another window which allows me to tweak their characteristics, but I still can't find any way to drag'n'drop them into a track.

I looked at some AD demo videos on YouTube, and in those clips there's always an AD interface that looks like a picture of a drum set. The guys in the videos drag stuff off of that picture and drop it into Reaper. I feel like I'd be okay if I could just find that interface, but so far no luck.

Have a look at how you have this menu set up under option

10876165255-REAPER-Preferences.png

Make sure that your addictive drums dll is in the folder(s) you have specified in the circle.

If not, hit add and browse to the path that contains it, you should then see it just fine.

Chances are its in c:\program files\steinberg\vstplugins

I use Reaper and Addictive Drums together all the time - no issues.

Reaper is the most compatible and stable host I have ever seen when using VST's.

I use addictive drummer to mix a better sounding snare into my recorded snare sounds.

Have a look at how you have this menu set up under option
BINGO! That worked! Thanks for the screenshot, pipeline. Having a visual really helped.

Wow! The demo is a lot more limited than I thought. No toms at all. Just one hi hat, one cymbal, one kick, and one snare. Not exactly a good way to judge the quality of the package.

Well, at any rate, I'm in now and I can start playing with it. Thanks again to all who responded to my cry for help.

Back