Does Protools LE work with non-Digi interfaces/cards?

ultrajosh

I have a Windows XP machine with Cubase SX and an Echo Mia Midi card that I've been using for mix-down and mastering. Now I have a mixing project where some mixing has already been done in ProTools. So I installed the Windows version of Protools LE and set up an MBox and I'm up and running. (This install was so much smoother and faster than the Echo/Steinberg setup that I almost cried with relief...)

Anyways, is my MiaMidi card now completely redundant? Put it on eBay? Or can I use the MiaMidi to add an additional 2 tracks of i/o to my Protools / MBox setup? If so how? More generally, if I decide to stay w/ ProTools and ditch Cubase, do I have to buy all digiDesign hardware from here on in?

you do have the S/PIDF in and outs on both the MiaMIDI and the Mbox...so you might be able to find a way to utilize those together. I can't really think off the top of my head how you migh hook that up, since yes you will only be able to use the Mbox or other Digi hardware with pro tools now and in the future.

you may however be able to use the Mbox instead as extra inputs. Download the ASIO driver off of the Digi website and you can probably just use both devices as inputs for Cubase instead. Then you could just import the tracks into Pro Tools to edit/mix. Depends on what you like better. :cool:

ultrajosh said:
So I installed the Windows version of Protools LE and set up an MBox and I'm up and running. (This install was so much smoother and faster than the Echo/Steinberg setup that I almost cried with relief...)
QUOTE]

And works WELL, apparently!

"So I installed the Windows version of Protools LE and set up an MBox and I'm up and running. (This install was so much smoother and faster than the Echo/Steinberg setup that I almost cried with relief...)"

And works WELL, apparently!

Back