does one trust the M-Audio BX-5's

rahul

Can one really trust the M-Audio BX-5 Monitors...or will the MSP 's of Yamaha be a good obtion though the price is higher by double I can afford it cause I just can't chaging my monitors frequently...would MSP's really be worth its cost ?The BX-5's have created lot of in the forums over the Low frequencies been missing...can one really help me ? I am confused a hell between these two monitors.

Rahul

Is there a local music store you could visit to hear these speakers side by side? That's probably the best way to get your answer. I'm sure both the speakers have their ups and downs.

I love em. Of course, if you save up for a small sub, it's even better.

But, just be sure to sample your mix in bass heavy cars, and systems as well as your bx5's. Or, just get the BX 8's! ha.

I heard them both and I thought the bx8's were bass heavy. I have the bx5's and I love 'em. BUT - you have to place them properly. I have moved them a few times and this time, I got it right. Even if I stand up, there is a different balance. I have them on a shelf and I had a computer between them, moved it out of the way and it sounds different.

It really doesn't matter what you have as long as it's decent, and you HAVE to test other systems always, the pro's do it too. you have a box, a car, a stereo, a stereo w/ a sub, PC speakers, headphones, and your Studio monitors. There's no way around it, you can't trust one source. and play CD's and radio thru your monitors too, so you can get a comparison and learn what they sound like. I'm always going back to my old stereo speaks for comparison, not b/c they are any good, but b/c i'm used to hearing everything thru it and I need to do that to check that I'm hearing the right way, as a reference.

I say save money and space and don't get monitors b/c they sound great, but get 'em b/c they sound flat or so you can hear everything you are used to hearing on you test CD that you bring with you to the store.

I had a CD w/ all kinds of familiar stuff and it had about 20 short clips, it was very odd, but helped a lot to choose.

Back