does anyone use t-racks to master their tracks?

BIGTYME

if you do can you give me a list of what you do to master you vocals

from start to end

i used waves for about two years and just heard t-racks give the voice a little more bounce .... if anyone would like to know how i master with waves id be happy to share

but im interested in tracks now, anything that can help me would be great, thanks

Vocals only get mastered seperately in a cappella music.
You may want to EQ and compress your vocals if necessary while mixing, but please consider the 808s, the snare, and the pistol cockings along with the vocals when you master the mixdown track. Safe.

a list of what you do to master you vocals
There is so much wrong with those few words...

(A) As mentioned, you don't master vocals. You master a collection of finished mixes that are destined for replication or other distribution.

(B) You do what the mix tells you. You don't "have a list" of anything. Unless, that lists consists of (1) Do what the mix is telling you to do. (2) Have coffee.

Massive Master has it spot on, AFAIC. However, I would like to add that if you want to get your vocal lines to "sparkle", or whatever vague descriptor it is you want your vocals to sound like, you should focus on doing it in the mix - mastering simply makes your collection of songs fit together sonically on a CD, with any final fixes made in the event that the mixdown was not done well enough to stand on its own. At least that is my interpretation of what requiring mastering means.

Back