Does anybody know where I can find...

Seanmorse79

Slider caps ..er ..fader knobs ...er... whatever they're called. The stupid plastic things your fingers ride when you're mixing. I love my mixer, but I got it used, and there are 4 missing fader caps. I know... it's vain, but cosmetics count for something too :)

I'd like to replace all 14 of them, but I have no idea where to find them. I've tried ebay, allparts.com and Yamaha. Anybody have any ideas?

yeah, it's a Yamaha mixer, and they've been giving me the runaround. Might be because it's the holidays, but I've been hassling with them since November (grrrr).

Yo Sean:

Last resort to get those"fader" caps.

Find a tool & die maker or a wood craftsperson, preferably one who wants to be a singer.

Give them some free studio time if they will make you an original set of dupes or shaped in a way that makes your mixer unique.

But, maybe Yamaha will come through eventually.

I'm sure some artsy craftperson can do the job.

Green Hornet :D :cool:

Hit the local repair shops, too. Electronic Innovations on Van Dyke N. of Eight Mile (yes, THAT Eight Mile, trailer park girls) had a lot of junk, I mean stuff, laying around the last I was there...

I've been there! That place is crazy scary. He did some warranty work for my QS 6.1 (he's about the only authorized Alesis service center in lower Michigan, and he get's a bunch of Guitar Center's repair work). It looks like Sanford & Son's, but those guys are pretty sharp. I'll be on the East side on Thursday for a blues jam at Belews - I'll show up early and swing by. Thanks for the tip :)

They're not Alesis authorized any more, but neither is anyone else. Gotta ship to NJ!!! :mad:

I'm taking my Prophet-5 in as soon as I get a chance, though. They do great work.

Belew's, huh? I've been looking for an excuse to come home even later...

I just found out this morning that they cancelled it for tonite because it's right after new year's - I'm bummed. They have one every Thursday night though, and I'll be there next week for sure (a buddy of mine from the Alligators hosts it). Swing on out if you can - I'll be the guy spilling beer and cigarette ashes into my keyboard :)

Alright - Yahoo Yellow Pages os not finding Belew's, or any alternate spelling I can think of. Shoulda asked before, I just figured I'd find it.

Crap. :(

dafduc,

I went last nite - it was a blast - sorry I missed your post. I'll be goin' again - they do it every Thursday nite.

Here's where it's at

Belews

Let me know if you want to swing out one Thursday - I'll make sure I show up if I can.

Sennheiser, I checked the link and saw a number of control knobs, but they don't have pictures, so I'm going to give them a call and check it out. Thanks!

Last edited:
Wow - right by Massimino's (pause while bugler plays taps).

Sounds like fun - I've never done these, but that's cos I clutter up my life with too many commitments.

Going to a family party in Royal Oak next Thursday, I'll try to swing by after - tall guy, ponytail, mustache, potbelly, face for radio, voice for pantomime... :D

BTW, guy at Electronic Innovations said to give him a call or stop by, maybe he can hook you up.

Jay Ricketts

Back