Does analog move more air. . . ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why it is time to switch to tape? The machines may be cheap now but the media isn't.

Anyway, I don't think I could stand to run a commercial tracking studio, clients annoy me and I like to get paid in full up front with only email communication if necessary at all. So I will continue to build my "real analog" amplifiers using my "real digital" analysis tools.

Actually I am downsizing my digital setup as well, going to be selling my 8x8 converters (which somehow are still worth 60% of what I paid six years ago, that's a miracle) and drop down to 4in/2out. 'Tis plenty for me. Then I am building a portable battery-powered USB rig to go along with my ancient laptop--that total setup will cost me about the same as a single reel of 2".

There is this little USB stylus o-scope I am saving up for as well :) So cute!

A couple of years in the future when reasonably powered Windows tablets are old and thus cheap I am hoping to get rid of my desk. My ultimate dream is a waterproof tablet so I can work from my hot tub or even the beach :cool:

...Actually I am downsizing my digital setup as well, going to be selling my 8x8 converters (which somehow are still worth 60% of what I paid six years ago, that's a miracle) and drop down to 4in/2out. 'Tis plenty for me.

Just curious what is your 8x8?

I just read through this whole 'drawn out' thread. sigh....I'm not sure I like one of you anymore. Give up the friggen stupid battle and go hug yer kids or something. A totally ridiculous conversation IMO. Go write a farking song already. Who gives a crap what sounds best. If the song sucks, nobody will care anyway. Move on and be sane for fart sake...... Seriously doods. Who fu**ing cares.

....I'm not sure I like one of you anymore

That's really a shame, because we were all trying so hard to impress you and make you like us. . .

Ridiculous conversation?. . .I should say so. . . But I couldn't find the sticky that said, "Post your friggen stupid battle question here, for fart's sake", or I would have put it there. . .

That's really a shame, because we were all trying so hard to impress you and make you like us. . .

Ridiculous conversation?. . .I should say so. . . But I couldn't find the sticky that said, "Post your friggen stupid battle question here, for fart's sake", or I would have put it there. . .

Jimmy is going through a tough time right now...

You have to excuse him if he may seem a little harsh.

Yeah, I apologize man. I was just venting in the wrong place. Didn't mean to offend. I retract my statements.

Jimmy. :)

But I couldn't find the sticky that said, "Post your friggen stupid battle question here, for fart's sake", or I would have put it there. . .

There's no sticky for those....just go all the way to the bottom of the forums, down to the Cave, and post them there. :D

It didn't start that way though. Like many of the best threads, it developed that way. A bit like a free jazz improvisation on the wrong night.
I find it funny as hell that some people get horrified at the slightest off topic events in a thread.

Do they ever actually have conversations in the real world? :laughings:

This was an interesting thread with a pretty good bit of info in it to ponder.

Yes, I called out V.P. for his usual cut and paste responses and general trollmanship and he responded in kind.
Muttley's not here and someone needs to point out to the newbs that V.P. will cut and paste a LOT of info about almost anything that comes up ...... it doesn't mean that's great info to follow. Once they've been warned then they can choose what they wish.

I said what I had to say and so did he.

So what? It's not like it went on page after page .... ...... neither of us went any further than that.

Any other battles were also brief.
It was a good thread .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back