Do you support other "underground artists

Preci$e

Sup Brews, I have been a reader here for awhile and just started posting here recently. My question is do you support other artists like yourself by buying their cd's ? do you also support well known artists. If you do support the community how much money do you spend on music a month ? a year ? And finally do you support the bootlegging of artist material ?

i support underground artist when i can ...i get alot of artist that send me their cds to play while im driving around to get them exposure in other areas if they from somewhere else..so i dont spend to much money unless im at a store and i think mybe i will jam this..i dont support bootleggin(makin money off of cds) i do support downloadin before i buy it..cause im tired of gettin stuck with sorry a$$ cd that on have 2 track worth listening to..if its hot i will go out and buy it..if not..then i wont bother..

I'm like that too. I get sick of buying a CD and only hearing 2 or 3 tracks I like. Makes me feel like I got cheated cause I'm payin' $10 - $15 for 2 or 3 tracks. I don't agree with bootlegging either. I have bought bootlegs to see if I will like the full album, kinda like a tester CD or somethin'. These days, I download before I buy too. It keeps money out of the hands of the bootleggers. As for underground artists, sometimes I'll just get the CD handed to me for my opinion and sometimes I'll buy it if I think it might be nice. I mean most undergrounds usually sell their cd's for $5 or $10. Since I know usually what to expect, I can deal with passin' that over if I have it. Sometimes I get more than I'm expecting and it's real good. Sometimes it's straight bullshit. Unless I hear some of it and just don't like it, then I'm not spendin' shit on it.

i support underground artists!!! actually, the only thjing i buy is underground artists. everyone else, i either wait for their radio relases, watch their videos, or get a burned copy from a friend who bought it from the store . . . not that i dont support bootlegging (lol) i just dont really want a lot of bullshit--esp. when i gotta pay for it!! i dont mind listening to "mindless music" when its free . . . . nowadays, i wont even pay a bootlegger $5 -- cuz still so many industry artists make "MINDLESS MUSIC" . . . i wont even call it bullshit -- some of it might actually be called "good songs" but its still about nothin . . . like YIN YANG'S WHISPER SONG -- its mindless music-- ITS CREATIVE AND I LIKE HEARIN ON THE RADIO -- BUT ITS MINDLESSNESS.

when i go to the music store, i go strait to the underground artists section . . . . although i have been burned beacuse there are artists i have purhcased n then even got the chance to meet them and they are real ASSHOLES . . . i wont buy another cd of theirs -- thats for sure!!!!

get alot of artist that send me their cds to play while im driving around to get them exposure in other areas if they from somewhere else..

LOL..do you drive an icecream truck?

:D ;)

LOL.. naaw i play my music loud while im out abd about town and the surrounding areas...

That'd be a trip. I could see him rollin' Big Worm's ice cream truck off of Friday with the Daytons on it bumpin' some underground tracks. That'd be dope.

gullyjewelz said:
i support underground artists!!! actually, the only thjing i buy is underground artists. everyone else, i either wait for their radio relases, watch their videos, or get a burned copy from a friend who bought it from the store . . . not that i dont support bootlegging (lol) i just dont really want a lot of bullshit--esp. when i gotta pay for it!! i dont mind listening to "mindless music" when its free . . . . nowadays, i wont even pay a bootlegger $5 -- cuz still so many industry artists make "MINDLESS MUSIC" . . . i wont even call it bullshit -- some of it might actually be called "good songs" but its still about nothin . . . like YIN YANG'S WHISPER SONG -- its mindless music-- ITS CREATIVE AND I LIKE HEARIN ON THE RADIO -- BUT ITS MINDLESSNESS.

when i go to the music store, i go strait to the underground artists section . . . . although i have been burned beacuse there are artists i have purhcased n then even got the chance to meet them and they are real ASSHOLES . . . i wont buy another cd of theirs -- thats for sure!!!!

Man you hit the nail on the HEAD. I get sooooo tired of hearing mindless music. Seems these days radio releases are more geared towards the females than anything else. I don't listen to the radio half as much as I used to, but I still poke my head in at least a few times a week during peak times to see what new stuff has hit. Most of the underground tracks are more self expression and less (or no) label control. I might still go buy a major release, but if I do then it's because I know what to expect out of the artist and the production, regardless over who made the beats.

Fieva said:
That'd be a trip. I could see him rollin' Big Worm's ice cream truck off of Friday with the Daytons on it bumpin' some underground tracks. That'd be dope.

:D :RLMAO:

i just pictured myself doin that... :eek:

bknot1 said:
:D :RLMAO:

i just pictured myself doin that... :eek:

Put your logo on the sides, drop the frame, and add about 4 12's in the back and you'd be good to go. Take THAT Xzibit lol

no doubt

definetly most of the time its good stuff and its cheap, mindless music is everywhere, "dumbed down for the masses"- " i did 5 mil i aint been rappin like common since" jay-z told these idiots he dumbed down his music for them and they probably didnt even notice, the only major cats i will by without even hearing a single is outkast!!!

smashngrab said:
definetly most of the time its good stuff and its cheap, mindless music is everywhere, "dumbed down for the masses"- " i did 5 mil i aint been rappin like common since" jay-z told these idiots he dumbed down his music for them and they probably didnt even notice, the only major cats i will by without even hearing a single is outkast!!!

Yeah, a LOT of mainstream music is dumbed down these days and I've seen on more than once where the rapper flat out TELLS you that they're dumbing down their lyrics...almost like they're making fun of you if you're not catching what they're saying. I was listening to the song "Bitch" on the D12 - D12 World CD and was just laughing...because I know that Eminem just didn't give a damn when he wrote his part because he knew he could say whatever he wanted and most people wouldn't have cared lol.

but whats funniest, people are buying it, but i refuse to go that route, i dont wanna be a star, i can make enough cheese, marketing to the 2% of people that enjoy real, though provoking music.

smashngrab said:
but whats funniest, people are buying it, but i refuse to go that route, i dont wanna be a star, i can make enough cheese, marketing to the 2% of people that enjoy real, though provoking music.

I like writing real raw shit that won't hit the airwaves, but sometimes I just like talking...shit on my songs just for comedy while I'm rapping. I just hate those songs that make it sound like a rapper's trying to cross into R&B. Like Westside Connection said "So Many Rappers In Love....on tha radio"

Chaka Khan....Chaka Khan.... LMFAO I remember those songs....I'm feeling a bit old now...I haven't hit 30 yet I swear.

smashngrab said:
no doubt fieva, duets are for rufus and chaka khan, they can keep that!!!

Hilarious !!!!!!

What about peaches and Herb....reUnited and it feels so good... Opps i guess It's obvious I'm in the over 30 club !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not 30 but I'm close....I'm 28...29 in a couple of months...but at least I can still pass for 21 - 25 on the streets. I've aged well. I'll be 60 and lyin to folks sayin I'm 45.

Back