Do I NEED a black leather couch??

HogansHiro

Now with 25% more sarcasm
okey doke, I've been cruising the web looking at pix of different recording studios and somehting struck me as odd.

Why does every freaking studio have a black leather couch!?!?

Don't get my wrong, I know its for listening, but why is it always black leather?

Is black leather some sort of magical sound enhancement like having lava lamp next to your monitors? I have a crappy blue canvas one....I can't be the only person who has noticed this.

Thanks for pointing this out, now I know why my playbacks sound like crap.
Damned old green sofa!!!! I knew a lot of people talk out their ass, didn't realize they listen through the same port, hahahahahahaha!

But i've got a crappy red/teracotta one.........will my mixes be crap now?

OMG!!!!!!! Forget that Shure Beta 52 - i need a leather sofa!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Given how flakey most musicians are perhaps you should employ a psychoanalyst to go with that couch :D

Black paint conducts heat better, yet radiators are painted white. That leads me to suspect the leather couch to be an aesthetic thing, which surely means that every studio in the world is trying to look like Central Perk in Friends. :confused:

Ignore that post. :)

Ah yes, the joys of pleather.

Although highly unstable, any minor contact may cause the friction to ignite the fuel based fabric into flames.. But im sure they look good :D

Back