Do I have to have a midi controller fo EZDrummer?

SGWP90S

I want to use EZDrummer with Cubase LE too add drum tracks.
I do not have a midi contoller keyboard.

I don't have a good understanding about midi controllers and what their function is with DAW's.

So...the question is:
Do I HAVE to have a midi controller to use ezdrummer with Cubase LE, or are the ezdrummer files simply drag and drop files into cubase LE?
Thanks in advance ! :cool:

You would use Cubase's (assumed) MIDI editor. Whether you need a MIDI controller, be that a keyboard, e-drum set or anything else, depends upon how you want to assemble your drum tracks.

You don't need one, but you may want one.

Personally I don't use one..

Although I have no experience with cubase and ezdrummer, I have used it with cakewalk and logic pro and no you don't need a MIDI controller to use the program. Ezdrummer comes preloaded with hundreds of loops that you just drag and drop into a track. Works pretty good. If you had a controller you could use it to trigger the midi sounds on your CPU. That would be the purpose of the controller in that software's application.

Cubase LE? Or LE5? LE5 has a 'Virtual Keyboard', selected under "Transport'. Then you could program from your computer keyboard.

No, you don't need a controller to use it. Just the drum editor. Oh, and go to Preferences, and select the Drum editor as your default. Then just double click on the MIDI event to get to the drum editor. Much easier than the piano roll one.

Back