Do any of you guys own the Danelectro FAB Distortion Pedal? Or...

Roguetitan

Any of the other Danelectro pedals?

I bought the Danelectro FAB distortion pedal from MusicansFriend.com and was really amazed how good this 15 dollar distortion pedal sounds.:cool:
it has a little hum when the guitar is not being played with the effect left engaged but it is not overwhelming like on a lot of other more expensive distortion pedals that I have used.
the box is made of a hard PVC that looks like it can stand up to punishment. and the selector switch feels good that is easy to engage and dis-engage.

I am going to buy a few more of the other Danelectro effects pedals to experiment around with a cheap pedal board.

so has any one have any experiences (good/bad) with any of the other Danelectro Pedals?

I bought the Danelectro FAB distortion pedal from MusicansFriend.com and was really amazed how good this 15 dollar distortion pedal sounds.:cool:

that was my impression also. i gave mine away as gift only because i bought the Fender Superchamp XD and no longer need a pedal.

I haven't owned MANY overdrive/distortion pedals prior, I think I had a Boss (can't remember which), a Tech 21 XXL overdrive, an old MXR (not for long).

I think Dano Fabs are great deals for the money (for a hobbyist/weekend warrior). If I end up needing a chorus/echo, I'll go straight for Danos.

i have the fab overdrive. its *alright* i bought it for that middle of the range just barely breaking up sound, but it sounds best when the gain is up in the distortion area. with the gain all the way down it still sounds too dirty for me. oh well, it works great as a distortion pedal, especially through a tube amp! nice thick overtones.

I've had mine for a year now, same battery, never had any problems. personally i think its quite weak, but you get what you pay for, it sounds nifty though when i have the gain at about 50% or a little over 25% on my amp.

i recommended one for my older brother because he is a very casual player, never leaves the basement and isnt a tone freak. its held up fine for him, but ive always been disappointed with the action of the switch and the tone when i use it.

Adam

Back