DMT8-vl

Polyethylene

Does anybody have one of these machines? I just got one last week, and am hoping to find someone to talk with about it.
Cheers,
Jerad

I am starting to use some of the "digital features" on this recorder, and had a question or two. If I'm going to be doing punch in/out, do you know how much better using the auto-set points would be than using a footswich (if it is indeed better).
Also, out of curiosity, what is the difference between the DMT-8vl and the DMT-8? Can you record four simultaneous tracks on the DMT-8, and does it have XLR jacks? Thanks again.

Nope, it only has 1/4" inputs.

4 tracks of simultaneous recording.

I prefer the auto punch-ins. I find yo can be a lot more accurate that way. Also, you have to be careful where you punch in and out, depending on the instrument that you're recording.

If you punch in at the wrong spot, you could cut off any ringing chords, strings, cymbals or whatever if your not careful.

If you do it right, it is pretty seemless.

Conrad Josepi

I use the auto punch in/out a lot on my Dmt8vl. I just jog the wheel to the proper spot for punchin, then press store and auto
punch in. then jog to the out spot. and press store, then out. use rehearsal mode once or twice...then TAKE... it works seamlessly. you can't hear a click or pop at all! I have never used the footswitch.

Dom Franco

Hi: I am also a DMT-8vl owner. I've had my machine about 2 1/2 years. You can actually record 4 tracks simultaneously on the DMT-8vl, provided that 2 of these tracks are recorded digitally through the S/PDIF inputs. As long as you have another device with an analog to digital converter (DAT, mini-disc, etc.), then you can record four tracks simultaneously on the DMT-8vl. This is also discussed in the manual, although very briefly. Let me know via this site or by email if any of you have other questions.

Back