dmp3 vs RNP

It depends on what you are recording with it.
If all you are recording is acoustic guitar and gentle vocals, it may not be worth it to you. But if you are recording loud or high transient things, then yes, I would definitely say it is a step up.

I have a few of each.

Tom

Alright then, Thanks! I was just using the RNP as a suggestion, any other good pres for 5-6 hundred bucks, that any of you might recomend?

It all depends on how serious you are about the whole recording thing. To the average musician doing self-produced demos ... it really ain't gonna' make much difference.

xstatic said:
Add a couple hundred to that and you can get into 4 channels of Sytek:)

I'd consider that a good starting point if you're really serious about your finished product. And it's something you shouldn't outgrow ... you'll always have use for it, whatever level you're recording at. But if all you're doing is self-made demos, even the Sytek might be a little extreme. Prosumer gear is fine for most home recordists.

haven't tried them myself but I keep hearing good things about the price for quality of the Old School Audio preamps

i think the Old School Audio stuff is next on my list. kind of bummed that it's $500 for the lunchbox and then ~$500 per channel......but once you get over that purchase of the box, i can imagine it's significant bang for the buck.

given that i have a hard time saving up $500 in the first place, spending it all on an empty lunchbox with no toys inside is a real hard first step for me. :D

but it was the tapeop review that sold me, and i've been dying to get a couple in for look-see.......i just don't wanna hear til i can buy. and in the meantime, i'm afraid i'll fritter away my cash on another symetrix 528 or an RNP or something. :b

cheers,
wade

Back