DMP3 Problem

Andreasl84

Hi!
You guys will probably laugh your asses of but!
I've just got my DMP3 connected it as the manual said i even have the same thing as in the manual So i just connected a guitar cable from CH.A and connected the mic in the xlr..Turned up the gain a little and sang..
Recorded it and realise there is only sound in one speaker..
Why is this happening? Is a guitar cable wrong type of cable? :confused:

What does your monitor chain look like? How are your monitors/speakers hooked up?

Edit: Also, you're recording to a mono track right?

YOu ran a guitar cable... from the DMP-3 to the interface of whatever your recording medium is?

If its going into a computer and into software, I suppose you might be recording a mono input to a stereo track and its only going into one of the two sides in software.

Just my first guess - what IS that chain you've got going (both in and out)

I've connected the DMP3 into the Delta 66 which of course goes into the PCI interface itself..
Thats the connection..
I know from experienec that when i put my POD XT cables into the Delta 66 i had to have two cables to get LEFT and RIGHT signal but here there is only one cable for each channel A and B so i supposed its a cable error or maybe something else?
But i did as in the manual :confused:

Okay but mono doesnt work either..
Only the RIGHT channel gets recorded
But maybe thats how its supposed to be..
:rolleyes:

Okay okay i recorded the right monotrack now it sounds in both speakers..
thanks for the help! :D

It IS mono

You only have two outputs on the DMP3. These are two individual mono outputs. It is NOT a 'stereo' unit. If you plug a mic into channel A, the output will go from the out of channel A into whatever channel you have it plugged into on your Delta. This IS a mono track. Now, when you play that track back in whatever software, just make sure that in the software you are panning that track to the center, meaning both left and right. Every individual track you record is mono. When you are recording your guitar, you are recording two mono tracks at the same time. On playback, you then pan those tracks hard left and hard right to get 'stereo'.

I hope I'm making this clear enough.

notCardio said:
You only have two outputs on the DMP3. These are two individual mono outputs. It is NOT a 'stereo' unit. If you plug a mic into channel A, the output will go from the out of channel A into whatever channel you have it plugged into on your Delta. This IS a mono track. Now, when you play that track back in whatever software, just make sure that in the software you are panning that track to the center, meaning both left and right. Every individual track you record is mono. When you are recording your guitar, you are recording two mono tracks at the same time. On playback, you then pan those tracks hard left and hard right to get 'stereo'.

I hope I'm making this clear enough.

What he said ^^^

Back