DMP3 OR Focusrite Trak Master (Pre Amp)

the blues daddy

Hello there,

My set up:

Cubase VST 24
I/O Omni Studio/Delta 66 Sound Card
Groove Agent
Les Paul Epiphone

I am about to buy a pre amp as I've been getting my tunes down but the sound quality is doing my nut in. I need good quality sounds.

I have two options in mind:

DMP3 (£200 approx)

OR

Focusrite Trak Master (£150 approx)

Any one got any opinions on which is better?

I would of thought that the DMP3 was better but one of the 'Digital Village' guys addamently told me other wise (Digital Village is a shop in London by the way for any one from accross the waters - mayby he's on commision - know what i mean!!)

Any one got any other suggestions that I could check out?

Thanks .

Don't listen to salesmen in shops like DV. I notice the Trakmaster is on their front page so they're obviously trying to push it for some reason, maybe they have surplus, maybe focusrite have some more platinum range units in the pipeline.

The trakmaster is only one channel but has comp and eq. Personally I don't add eq or compression on the way in and at that price point I would imagine that the processing wasn't much better sounding than plug in equivalents anyway. I've used a focusrite penta (preamp and compressor) but I've never axctually used a trakmaster.

The DMP-3 (which I own) is 2 channels and is very clean. No bells and whistles but like I said I don't think it' a great idea to be adding that stuff on the way in anyway. The DMP3 would be my preference.

£200 is a lot for a DMP3! I bought my soundcard from this German seller on ebay, he sells the DMP3 (brand new, full warranty etc.) for €175 (about £123) and he's very reliable. If you email him in English he will respond in English.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46961&item=3765203456&rd=1

good luck with it

Do they run off the same mains voltage in Germany? I've never bothered buying stuff from Europe before mainly to do with the fact I've no idea how their electric works. I know the USA is different to the UK and would therefore need a transformer but no idea about Europe.
James

Back