dmp-3 into audio interface.(is this right)

reeler78

hi all im new to home recording and setting up a small home studio.my question is im buying the m auidio profire 610 audio interface will this power my condesor mic well enough as i am led to believe i could hook up a m-audio dmp3 preamp to it to improve sound quality and gain.is this correct or will i just need the profire 610....cheers would appreciate any help

hi all im new to home recording and setting up a small home studio.my question is im buying the m auidio profire 610 audio interface will this power my condesor mic well enough as i am led to believe i could hook up a m-audio dmp3 preamp to it to improve sound quality and gain.is this correct or will i just need the profire 610....cheers would appreciate any help

Greetings :)
I was totally in your position back in the day, and pretty much the advice i got was "Just tweak with it and eventually you will get your own sound" Well, they were kinda right. Of course, i don't think i'ma tell you that just yet...

My advice with the DMP3 (i own it as well) Is if your using one channel - make sure Low Cut: 75Hz button is pushed (if your doing soft vocals) If your doing screamo or something of that nature, i wouldn't even use a preamp, just record it, distort it, EQ it haha. But other than make sure low cut button is on, just mess with the gain knob on the track(s) your using until you find that right tone.

Cheers mate :)

Here's my take. Get the Profire first. Then if you're not happy with the sound (which you probably will be) then get the DMP3. Although the preamps in the DMP3 will probably not be much better than the preamps in the Profire. Why spend the extra dough if you don't have to?

Back