dmcsilva, why can't I find "overthrown"?

crazyhorse

Am I just missing the post or what? I remenber getting an extra mp3 from someone's site, was this it?
Coincidently, I have an mp3 - "hipjazz" by Ryan Graham. I think this was a free download from Mp3.com but I'm not sure. Sound familiar to anyone here?

Whoops, my bad. I found the post and will reply to it. Sorry.
Now I'm looking for a post in reference to "flow".

[This message has been edited by crazyhorse (edited 12-23-1999).]

I deleted it to upload another song. I've been using my mindspring web space to upload songs because I've been too busy(lazy) to activate my juston account. I'll get it uploaded tonight.

P.S. I'm uploading it to Juston as I write this, I'll also get flow up immediately after that and repost the URL's.

dmc

[This message has been edited by dmcsilva (edited 12-23-1999).]

"Overthrown" yet another "Wow!". You guys are throwing down these molten licks, it's really amazing. That's not even to mention the great mixes and tones. I guess I should clarify that I'm speaking to everyone here as well as dmcsilva. I was dumb enough to think that all I needed to do was to learn to record and mix and my songs would jam .It's stuff like this song that reminds me where I'm at and where I need to go, as in stepping up the quality of my work. Any vocal stuff?
"Flow" was also very good. Is it just my imagination or does the clean guitar fade down around half-way through the song? It seemed a little loud at first but was just right after it dropped a hair. Or am I just trippin? I gotta get to bed or my wife's gonna kill me tomorrow. Thanks for the posts. I've got to get somebody to burn me a cd so I can clear up some memory. A friend gave me a Syquest Syjet to put some stuff on to burn to cd but I can't get it to install.
Anyway, thanks again.

crazyhorse:

Thanx for listening to these tunes. There's nothing dumb about thinking learning to mix and record will improve your music, because it WILL. One of the many things I love about this BBS, and the mixing clinic in particular, is that it gives me the opportunity to listen to, and be inspired by other people's work. I've heard some awesome music here that just blows me away.

As a result, everytime I download and listen to someone else's material, it forces me to raise the level of whatever I may be working on and pushes me to improve. It's not a competition, because music is not a sport. What it is, at least from my perspective, is those that post their music here collectively raising the bar of their own expectations and musical objectives as a result of learning from others' projects and their feedback on yours. A very symbiotic relationship indeed.

Anyway, your right about the acoustic fading out. There is a crossfade into the distorted rythym track, so you ain't trippin'.

No vocal stuff yet, I know it would add a dimension to my songs that is noticeably lacking, but I don't know if it would be a pleasant dimension. The jury is still out on that one. One of these days my cajones will drop and I'll give it a whirl...or find someone that can sing to do so.

dmc

Back