DKFHS C&V ? Ram or Disk Stream

PSMK

I've purchased DKFHS C&V and I'm not sure when I install...should I place all of the folders (samples) on the OS drive or my Sample drive. I'm aware that the basic program will go into my Steinberg/Cubase/VST Plugin folder.

I'm just not sure about those 35GB of samples.

Thanks for any assistance.

Paul

Your sample drive.

There will be a drive identifier in the main program that lets you point to more than one drive for samples, but unless you have a need to use your existing samples in addition to the ones supplied with DKFHS I would strongly recommend that you point this to your sample drive only and limit DKFHS to it's own samples.

As far as ram vs. disk stream, try it both ways. Your success will depend on how complex the drum pattern is, how much ram your comp has and how fast your sample drive is.

Thanks to both ssscientist & Dogman.

I'm installing now (up to disc 8) and yes I'm putting the samples on my sample drive and then I'll install the program onto my OS drive under Program Files/Steinberg/VST. I think I've got this right.

I have a question though regarding the zip updates 1.4 & 1.5. I've downloaded both and will install after I'm done the basic program. My question though is do I need to install the 1.4 update & then the 1.5 update...or is the 1.5 update cumulative, so, I can bypass the 1.4 update?

Thanks again to both of you for your help.

Paul

Back