DJ & Hip Hop Production Section Revival!

tone_aot

Owner of ToneJonez.com
Whasup fam! Man, we gotta get back on this board man! It used to be poppin on here somethin serious back in 06. I guess everybody kinda got caught up in life, including me! When I first got on here, I was pretty much a kid living with my mom. Now I switched states, got in college, started several business ventures, and got married and now have a daughter. I'm tryna make my way back on here more tho. Lets all try to get back on this joint man! Lets get it poppin round here again! Anybody heard from any of the folks from back in the day?

Whasup fam! Man, we gotta get back on this board man! It used to be poppin on here somethin serious back in 06. I guess everybody kinda got caught up in life, including me! When I first got on here, I was pretty much a kid living with my mom. Now I switched states, got in college, started several business ventures, and got married and now have a daughter. I'm tryna make my way back on here more tho. Lets all try to get back on this joint man! Lets get it poppin round here again! Anybody heard from any of the folks from back in the day?

congrats man, i'm happy for your success.

I was here before the day!
But the place is hoppen with newbies streaming in all of the time, mostly looking for a quick fix or how to produce an album in 3 hours just using their computers and a USB microphone.

:cool:

But the place is hoppen with newbies streaming in all of the time, mostly looking for a quick fix or how to produce an album in 3 hours just using their computers and a USB microphone.

LOL! I remember the most famous question that everybody couldn't stand to see on here. "What's the best mic for recording rap vocals?" LOL! Folks used to get extra heated about that!

I know I used to ask some dumb questions on here, lol. I think I asked about the M-Audio DMP3 atleast 5 times, and I still never bought it! Anybody still got their old equipment? I sold off most of my old stuff. It might sound crazy, but I miss my Studio Projects C1. It was great for crispy pop vocals, but not great on everything. I still miss it tho. I'm still rockin with the Shure Ksm27. I've been able to get pretty much any sound I want with eq. It's a solid neutral mic.

hahaha man, I work at a music store (in the recording dpt.)...and all I hear is these little kids saying "yooo....lemme get at dat Protools"....and all I can think is wtf? you just got out of the crib like 2 minutes ago and you want to learn Protools? Why not get audacity and learn the basics first so that when you DO get Protools, you actually know where to start, dumbass.

my next question to them "why do you want to start with Protools?"
their answer: "to make it sound reaaaalll good, son"

:spank:

lol

your all right though back in 06 this was the spot. Hey tone remember the HR mixtape? man that was my first placement ya'll and it was a killer back then. I always wanted to do a second 1 but it never materialized (had a myspace and everything for it). Well life does happen ya'll, I got married and am in discussions with a few labels now for my label and my album as well as my artist albums.

Its funny. Life comes in cycles. Iwas thinkin about the dam hr mixtape my dam self the other day. N wanted to get online n post a "lets do it again" post. Lol
i get up here, n folk is thinkin the same thing.
Great minds think alike!!!!!

Back