DJ controllers and software.

Spex

LO boyz, I think I'm in the market for some DJ software and a controller. I'm only looking at hobbyist stuff, not going pro anytime soon. What's your recommendations?

So far Im thinking a Numark (which model??) with either Virtual DJ or Tracktor.

I have two Line 6 audio interfaces, can I use one of them as my I/O if I buy a budget controller with no audio card?

I have experience using SL1200's but its been a while so ease of use would help, I can always upgrade if need be.

Ta for any advice! :)

I have Virtual DJ on an old lappy (5 years old) and it was pretty cool. But I only used it to play songs from my library in live sound applications in between bands - saved carrying a duel CD player.
I have seen a lot of DJs using it though with turn tables, lots of stuff it can do. Serato is the other one I see a lot of.

Now I did just get a new lappy and got the new Virtual DJ software for the same purpose and the new software is incredible! 4 players in stead of 2. With a ton of other read outs etc.

Yes I think I'm going to go with Numark Cue (Virtual DJ), I think I get a lite version with certain controllers so I'll choose a Numark controller and upgrade the software if need be.

Thanks Moresound! :)

Back