ditching my crappy FX proc...

killmachine

Some I'm parting ways with my crappy ART SG2000 processor. I've had enough of it.... noisy ass crap. The signal to noise ratio sucks big time, I've played on the thing for long enough considering I've been using it for the last 6 years.

To be honest I never was really head over heals for the thing. I liked it and bought it because you could make a preset and then actually have a on/off per effect per preset. but I've had enough of the piece of crap.

Enought to ditch the piece of junk and never buy ART again.

So I'm going with a
Big Muff PI American made
Boss PH-3 Phaser
Electro Harmonix Small clone Chorus
Line 6 Echo Park delay
and a whatever flanger ( i'm not to worried but if I can get it at a cheap price the boss BF-3 flanger)

with a whatever wah......

Anybody use these and what do you think?

sounds like a good setup - just to get you thinking, probably my best decision in terms of my pedal board setup was to add a 'Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive' in front of my Boss DS-1 ... i like the fact neither of them have to be 'distorted' on their own quite as much, because i can switch both of them on, or have them on individually. gives a Lot more options in terms of distortion sound, i find... i find it useful, because in my band we use quite a lot of 'build ups', and i kept on finding myself wanting to add a touch of distortion, and then a bit more. using these two together gives me that... i'm actually thinking about adding another at some point :P maybe a Proco Rat, or the Big Muff...

just some food for thought :)

Andy

killmachine said:
Some I'm parting ways with my crappy ART SG2000 processor. I've had enough of it.... noisy ass crap. The signal to noise ratio sucks big time.......Enought to ditch the piece of junk and never buy ART again.

My feelings exactly..... never again. Mine sat in a rack in a smoke free house, no abuse of any kind, and a year later it was dead and broken.

ART? .......Never.......

yeah I may try adding another disto pedal if I feel like I need something else. Electro Harmonix actually makes a Double Muff pedal. Which is basically like 2 disto pedals, the only thing is you have to change the Disto by hand and the don't have any tone controls just Muff. I've found that adding a Fuzz Face after a basic overdrive pedal will produce the most bottom end intense stoner rock sound you could ever imagine!

I like the ol crybaby wah, but the pots always seem to get noisy really quick and the rubber feet always breakoff. I was thinking about a Morley, but I use it alot for the filter sound so I'm not excactly sure if that'd be the best.

I figured this setup would run me at least $500 getting some stuff off ebay and before the power supply's and pedal board.......

Hell I paid $850 back when I bought that ART with the foot controller....ain't good for nothing but scrap parts now

Back