Discofever need your opinions :)

Blor007

Hi,

I'm recording a full album with my band and I would love to hear your opinions regarding composition, producing, playing, mixing,...

You can comment on anything that stands out:
fe. "If I would write the guitars I would do it more like this..."
"This part feels akward" , "Vocal is deadwrong here",...

It's my own band so I lack an objective judgement :s

Your comments will be appreciated ALOT !!!

Normal:

Too much DIY mastering:

This is awesome. Technoy rock. Put a smile on my face.

The intro riff is really thick and satisfying. Vocals are good, fit the music well. I think the guitars are battling with the bass too much. They get a bit over lapped, maybe pull some mid-lows out of the bass and guitar.

Good work though. I like! :D Drums are great.

On the composition front, I would add more rhythm guitar when the vocals come in. It took me by surprise when the verse came in.

sounds killer! guitars sound great and the kick drum has got good thump without being annoying. For it's genre it's a great tune.

Hi Blor007 - This song is cool. Made me want to get up and shake my groove thing. Started out club-dance-like and got heavy. Cool. My only thought is that on the verse, I would have the vocals a little more out front. I also thought the guitar was a tad bit too loud in the mix. Of course, that's how my ears are hearing it today. Tomorrow's another day.

Great song and thanks for sharing it!

Jen

That little space at 46 needs something - reverb or something.
When the vocal came in I missed the techno element.
I think you should retain the dance beat element all the way through - except for some dynamic changes. It'd make a good hybrid pushing along the snare.
I like the outro!

I thought the intro melody was a little ho-hum, and then the guitars kick in. Woah! Like it a lot. Great vocals too. I don't recall the other stuff I've heard from you as being so heavy & in the face. Nice job man, like this one

Back