Disable control

vicevursa

For all you midi heads out there using Sonar. When you right click on a field such as volume, pan, etc. there is a choice to disable control This may sound stupid, but what is control for? I know the value is in parentheses when I do nothing after inputting my midi data. I looked it up in the manual, but it just didn't give enough info.

Any takers?

Vice

Ugh, not in my DAW by now, Vice...
But here's the quick hints :)

In the begining of the song, SONAR will send particular MIDI controller message shown in the track view (Vol, Pan, etc). The value you inserted will be sent as initial value when the song is being played from the start (very first measure). So, if you insert realtime controller message (eg. CC 07 for Volume) in the middle of the song, it still will change the value realtime as the song rolling.

Try this...

New MIDI track --> Volume = 100 (Enable Control)
insert some notes for couple measures.
Insert controller 07 value = 60 somewhere in the middle of the song.
Play the song, you'll noticed the volume will decrease in the middle of the song as it hit the controller message. Let it roll to the end.
Rewind, start the song again... The volume will be initialized to 100.

Now dissable Control... Do the same step... play the song, volume will decrease in the same spot... let it roll to the end... and rewind... play it again... The volume will remain 60... not initialized to 100 :)
Got the idea... :D Good.

;)
Jaymz

I'll be back if you need more explanation about it latter... (I'm hurry now :( )

Just to sum up what James said...

To Prevent SONAR from Sending Controller Data to Your MIDI Device

Right-click each knob or fader in SONAR that is sending unwanted controller data to your MIDI device and choose Disable Control from the popup menu.
Copied directly from the Sonar 2 help file... :D

moskus said:
Just to sum up what James said...

Copied directly from the Sonar 2 help file... :D

Ok, you guys got me. I didn't check there. I went to the manual. My bad!

Thanks for the info!

Vice

I think the exact same sentence is in the manual, I remember I've read it before. ;)

Back