Direct Box

http://www.whirlwindusa.com/ftp/Blackbox/director.jpg

$10 says the whirlwind transformer is better. But that doesn't answer your question. What amp, what computer ins do you have? Micing a amp is most of the time better way to go. But if you are dead set on the DI you may want/need a preamp or mixer between the DI and computer, or better yet use the DI built into most preamps or the DI built into some mixers.

sorry i shouldve been clearer i dont really want a really good one i just wanna try how it sounds and recording live with my band as well.. the amp is a Crate FXT120 to a Behringer Eurorack UB1202 Mixer to a Compaq Presario Line in with Cakewalk :D sorry if i was too specific

Then get the Shure SM57 and mic the dumb thing, or yes the berry DI will work, but the the real thing, whirlwind box is only $80~, and should sound better probably being a better transformer and all. BTW, thats basicly all that is in these passive direct boxes, transformer, ground lift switch, and these two models have a big pad so you can run your amplified signal straight into them. But why I am I giving you hope that it will work AND sound good in the process, you have a mixer, you have a amp, get a mic, and mic the cab. I am sure you will be more pleased with the mic'd approach.

You see those Whirlwind Director DI's everywhere, they work well and I've used them many times. It is hard to believe Behringer could screw up something as simple as a direct box, but I personally would spend the extra money for something from Whirlwind or Radial.

Back