DigiTech JamMan

timboZ

What do you use yours for. Guitars, vocals or something else.??????????????

What do you likes or dislikes about the JamMan?

I put in a larger flash card and have about 50 backing tracks in it with drums (EZD) and bass and light keys. I use it at church. Works great...need the footpedal too to switch. When I play solo, I sometimes loop, but not too much actually.

Wish it was stereo and better input metering. But since I can bounce stuff from the computer, that's the workaround.

I haven't gotten the tempo adjust to work to good for me yet, with just drum loops, but I haven't messed with that feature enough to qualify to really talk about it, even though I've owned one for over a year + now.

Built like a tank. I like that. I wouldn't mind the capability to "lose" the last overdubbed track. I think the RC50 from Boss does all this though. The JamMan is $200 cheaper and the RC50 wasn't out at the time I bought the Digitech.

Yeah...wish it was stereo.

Oh..I've used it as a quick and easy recorder to capture our keyboardist's ideas, etc.

Did I say I wish it was stereo?

Ya gotta upgrade the flash card, but then recording time is for the most part "unlimited"... you get 6 hours max.

Originally bought mine for solo or duo playing out, but then I conviened my too-big guitar group and have little real need for it, right now. But that will change again, eventually.

So now I use it primarily as a rehersal tool- record sections of a song (or the whole song) into it and drill myself on learning the passage/lick, for instance. Mine came with some backing tracks already on it (I put more, and will add still more) which I let rip and play over with either guitar, slide or harmonica when I am home and working on my chops.

And it is coming in handy for this: my guys seem to be shying away from a particular song I want to bring to the group- I am using it to help me capture me playing ALL the different guitar parts in Jackson Browne's "I'm Alive;" once I have them all down and layered, I will play that recording for the group and say, "Now, see, I learned EVERY part of this song. If I can do it, you can, too. Now let's play." (The looper is allowing me to not have to play each part for the entire song, just a loop I can punch in and punch out as needed, onto the actual recording on my DP-01.)

I dunno what you guys are complaining about, it not being stereo. If I "needed" a stereo output from it, I would just patch it thru my RP-7, and choose a stereo patch on the RP-7- say, "Panning chorus." But, really, I'd rather spend that extra time playing, than rigging, so mono works fine for me.

Back