Digital Reverb Rack w/TONS of Reverbs?

louloomis

Hi. I'm looking for a used (preferably) digital reverb rack unit which has a ton of reverbs. I see a lot of ones which have delays, flangers, etc. etc. All I want is ton of reverbs to pick from. I prefer the ones which have just knobs and for which you don't require deep-menu editing.

I know there are old units which are just knobs and no presets, but I really am looking for a unit with just a ton of reverb preset options.

Thanks,
LL

Have you checked out a Kurzweil Rumour? It has a bit of the other stuff, but it's strengths are all about reverb!

Hi. No, but my budget is under $200.00....the Rumour is way over that. I should have added that limitation to my original posting, sorry.

LL

My girlfriend interviewed Ray Kurzweil in grade school for a project. Nice Her father worked for and with him. I've been toying with the idea of seeing if I can get some free samples, but its been like 15 years since he retired... hmm maybe its worth a try? I could use some reverb too. :)

The Alesis Wedge might fit the bill well. A very easy unit to use, great user interface. It's a table top unit though, not rack.

Otherwise, I too would suggest the Kurzweil Rumour.

Save up and buy a used Rumour. The price seems to have come down on them in the last year or so. I've seen them for less than $400.

There appear to be a lot of other reverbs out there other than the Rumour (which I am not interested in). I'm just trying to ascertain which of these other options focuses primarily on reverbs and not additional effects which I will not be using.

Thanks.
LL

So now you have two good reverb focused units other than the Rumour: the Yamaha REV500 (great suggestion) and the Alesis Wedge.

Another unit that might interest you is the TC Electronic M-One or M-One XL. I think the XL version sounds better, but either is an excellent budget reverb oriented box.

Is the only reason you are not interested in the Rumour because of the price? That's the only reason I can guess, because it is the best of the bunch in the under $500 reverb grouping in my opinion.

But really, if the box has great reverbs, who cares if it has a bunch of other great fx too, right? Something like the Lexicon MPX-1 fits that bill: a bunch of nice reverbs plus a full assortment of other fx as well. The other fx do not detract from the reverbs at all. One of these in mint condition recently went for $249 on eBay, a great reverb for the money.

But since you want a nice easy user interface, I think the REV500, TC M-One, or Alesis Wedge will be your top options so far. The Wedge is shockingly easy to use, one of the best user interfaces ever in my opinion.

Back