Digital Reverb for Acoustic Drums

Big Mike B

I'm working on recording drum in a very dry room with basically no sound reflections because the walls are filled with layers of books. This obviously gives a very dry and unnatural sound to the recorded drums.
Anyone have any suggestions for a VST drum reverb plugin? I'm not looking to spend too much on a single plugin, so freeware suggestions are welcome.
I'm hoping to have my final drum sound ready and mixed within the next 2 weeks, but because the mixer that I have only outputs stereo to USB, I can't process each sound individually I'll be adding the reverb to the entire track. The overall genre of the recording will be rock/metal but I'm looking for a versatile plugin that can be applied to most genres.

I use Lexicon PCM native reverb, the 'room' and 'chamber' modes sound amazing on drums, it's not free though and you need an ilok2 just to use it on trial!

I've heard that voxengo OldSkoolVerb is pretty good for a free one, I used that years ago and it wasn't bad.

I'll have a look at that one next. Gonna record some fresh tracks tomorrow and see if the raw sound gets any better so that I can start recording final tracks and then mix it all.

Back