Digital distortion?!?!?!?

zerotosixty

when i record from my j-station onto cool edit pro it sounds fine at first, but say if i exit the program then go back to the recording there is digital distorion on it, like it';s peaking or something...but its nnot. does anyone know what this might be caused by, as far as i know it only happens with tracks done with my j-station.

is your Cool Edit Pro a crack of radium? :D

this thread concern a lot to me, because I am planing to buy a J-station and record it in CEP too, so if you can solve the problem, please let me know,
or if somebody knows the answer to the problem here, please help us.

MAYBE -->>it is because when you are saving your work, the computer needs more electric power (light) to save the wav or whatever format file, and you have a problem with your power suply causing the distorcion... and peaks of the electrical power problem.

How did you save the file?

All's that I can say is that CEP2k is one weird ass app! The save options of files makes absolutely no sense in the real world of audio.

I was sent a "32 bit" file, that was recorded using a 20 bit converter. I know of no way whatsoever that you can make 20 into 32 bits. The point is that this file can only be played back in CEP 2k. It looks like a flat line .wav in any other editor, and the sound is totally and thouroughly distorted too. But the person that sent it claims the file plays perfectly in CEP!

Smoke and mirrors! CEP2k sucks!

Ed

Welcome to the world of gain structure, digital encoding, and windows. There can be, if you don't set things up right, many too many places where your platform (windows) involves itself with your audio work. Refer to the home page and look for links about optimizing Win and basic hard disk recording.
If you're trying a cracked/free version of CEP, good luck, you are going to need it. It will ultimately cause you you more problems than you want.

So your input was clean, recorded well, looks sounds just (close) to what you intended... Try turning CEP's channel or master level. Another source for distotion could be windo'z or your sound card's interal mixers. Disengage them any way you can.

Truth be told - my guess is you are listening to The J through speakers that have nothing to do with what the computer is doing, leaving you with no idea what what the program (CEP) is getting.

Watch every gain stage.
Good luck .........Razor

Sorry!!!!

it's not just j-station tracks, it's all! and yes it is a crack...now i'm using the Cakewalk software that came with the j-station for recording.

Back