Digital Audio Interface and Server Enterprise 2003

bigdoggit

I have a computer that is running server enterprise 2003. It is actually a study computer as I learn various techniques since I work in IT. I have recorded some with it using a soundblaster card (I know the sampling rate is locked, I know it is bad to use - just trying out the idea). Well, I'd like to step up, just a bit, and use a digital audio interface so I have a convenient box in front of where I can plug and unplug instruments and do some minimal gains, etc. I was looking at the MAudio Fast Track Ultra, however, the drivers are only for Windows XP and Vista.

So, does anyone know of a digital audio interface that has drivers for server 2003 32 bit version? If not, could I get away with a regular mixer and perhaps take the sound out a bus, or the main mix out? (Not ideal since I can't record multiple tracks at once).

Help is appreciated.

I've been looking at the Behringer U-Control UCA202's and UCA222's which apparently do not need any drivers to function. They seem to come in about £30. I don't know whether the rest of the software pack will function under Windows 2003 Server, try their online support.

Cheers

Jagd1

Maybe

I looked at the behringer models and they might work. It sounded like there were drivers (ASIO) though I am not completely sure why I would use them - I thought for better performance. Anyway, my big concern would no XLR inputs - none that I saw. Still, it might be my only option.

Thanks for the hint!

Eric

Back