Digital Audio Clicks. grrrrr

DJ Strutt

Whenever I play a Wav File, and some other kind of files i get a horrible CLICK noise at the start and end of each file :(

Any one know how to solve this?

P.s Its the same for Wave Lab. Cool Edit and Sound Forge :(

Cheers

I need a bit more info...

-is it a single click?
-does it clip on your editor?
-are you ripping files from a CD to modify them?

I have had this happen - mostly at the beginning of a track - when I rip them. If it doesn't affect the actual music I will simply highlight the click and delete it. I can't tell from your post what your problem is however...

zip >>

Hi.

The wav files are recorded in or downloaded from the net, anywhere really, it dosnt make a difference. Its normally 2 clicks one at the end, one at the start. What do u mean does it clip in the editor? The file is defeitnly not clipped.

I think you answered my question. I was wondering if the file actually went above digital zero (clipped) but if that's not the case I'm not sure.....hmmm.

Never had that happen before. You could highlight the clip in the editor by finding the exact point in the file where it clicks - then hit delete. The only problem with this is if the click occurs in the music you will loose a bit of the sound. If it occurs at the very beginning or end you may be OK.

I'm not sure why it is doing the same think regularly though...

zip >>

I just found out....that the clicking isnt actually in the wav file it self, because if i export the file straight to my sampler, then there are no clicks there at all. And i know it cant be the software, because it does it in ALL audio software. So it must be the way my PC is setup....

Any ideas on what is wrong? lol

Cheers

DJ S....

Sorry man...you got me stumped. :( Now that you have narrowed down your problem you might want to repost on the Computer Recording section of the board. If you do try to be specific...give info about your set-up / type of PC / things you have ruled out.

Good luck.

zip >>

Back