Digital 8 track recording

CrazyMetalBeer

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a digital 8 track recorder.
can anyone here recommend anything? I don't want to spend too much money on one, since I only need it for recording some ideas and probably make a demo of my band.

I found a Fostex DMT-8 on Ebay. Looks half decent.

any advice on models or brands?

Think it's better to have 8 tracks of simultaneous recording, or say 2 tracks of simultaneous, and maybe buy a nice mixer?

im sellin a brand new Fostex MR8 (1 month old)..

if this is interesting contact me at diogo23@yahoo.com

regarding models...i investigated before i got the MR8...namely its matching opponent, the Tascam unit...looks like a game boy, cant recall the model, sorry..i found the MR8 better in terms of sound quality and ease of use...a few hours in front of it and no more secrets...the tascam unit has an LCD and u have to go through it to get to anywhere really. The Fostex is all on board, faders, effects access, bouncing, etc...records 2 tracks at a time and the effects are usable. i still find this unit the best in its category but i need the money to move on :/ otherwise i wouldnt get rid of it, i cant think of anything better for a portable unit.

if u can go for MR8, its great, reliable, easy to use, and very resistant/heavy - in a good way. plus u can record compressed or uncompressed, and there's a tinny piece of software that allows u to dump the tracks directly to the computer, wich is great if u have one around at all time, cause it really makes the flashcard obsolete - meaning u can have the smallest flashcard and not run out of time cause you're dumping at the end of every song. either way its great.

hope this helps.

diogo said:
im sellin a brand new Fostex MR8 (1 month old)..

if this is interesting contact me at diogo23@yahoo.com

regarding models...i investigated before i got the MR8...namely its matching opponent, the Tascam unit...looks like a game boy, cant recall the model, sorry..i found the MR8 better in terms of sound quality and ease of use...a few hours in front of it and no more secrets...the tascam unit has an LCD and u have to go through it to get to anywhere really. The Fostex is all on board, faders, effects access, bouncing, etc...records 2 tracks at a time and the effects are usable. i still find this unit the best in its category but i need the money to move on :/ otherwise i wouldnt get rid of it, i cant think of anything better for a portable unit.

if u can go for MR8, its great, reliable, easy to use, and very resistant/heavy - in a good way. plus u can record compressed or uncompressed, and there's a tinny piece of software that allows u to dump the tracks directly to the computer, wich is great if u have one around at all time, cause it really makes the flashcard obsolete - meaning u can have the smallest flashcard and not run out of time cause you're dumping at the end of every song. either way its great.

hope this helps.
nice. I'll email you in a bit.

I would go at least to a Fostex VF80, but easily can recommend a VF160 (8 tracks at once, solid, stable, excellent sound, etc., etc.)

Back