Digi 002 with Cubase on a PC ? Does it work?

Colwarter

Right now I have a Presonus Firepod. I want to upgrade to the Digi 002r. Will it work on my PC and with Cubase SX or Nuendo? Thank you very much. Alex

If you're not using protools, you'd probably be better off looking into other interfaces. Most people run 002's because they want 8+ in's to PT LE
However, whatever the case, it should work. My mbox works with Logic just fine! Cheers,
Scott

doesn't sound like a good upgrade to me...

doesn't the firepod have 8 preamps...and they're decent.

002 has 4 preamps...4 ins...and preamps are...ok.

what are you shooting for here?

Actually, I use only one input (one channel). I don't need 8 or 4 inputs. I will also buy a Universal Audio channel strip (LA-610), so I don't care if the preamps on the interface are good or not. I just want a nice interface with good monitoring and easy to use. Do you have any suggestions? I'd like to have a rackmount unit, if possible. Thank you very much. Alex

There are lots of options...

Echo Audiofire probably has the best rep at this time for lower end (or mid level depending on your perspective).

Any of these will sound better than the Digi 002.

If you're bypassing the pre-amps and you're not using Protools, I'd keep the firepod. Maybe pick up a little Mackie 1202 mixer for a little more control over monitor mix, but the firepod should have sufficient outs. I might be wrong!

Depending how many monitor outputs you need, you might be able to get away with a firebox, or any of the other afformentioned interfaces. 1 or 2 inputs is fairly easy to get for relatively cheap!

Back