Digi 002, Multi Tracking

vbass62

Hello,
I just purchase a Digi 002 rack and am having difficulties listening to four or more tracks that appear to be tracking (I can see the meters move for indivudual tracks), but I can't hear them. Dididesign's tech support is no help; I waited 45 minutes today and it's not a toll free call.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

If you are using the headphone jack on the Digi002, you should be hearing anything that is sent to channel 1&2 output. Check the individual tracks to see where they are routed for output.

If you are using a Master fader, make sure the output is routed to chans 1&2.

Oops!

I accidently had the outputs on tracks 3&4 going to 3-4. I have them set at 1-2 now. Thanks for you quick repsonse.

Next question: How do I listen back to already recorded tracks and play along with them? If I hit record, I hear all tracks including the one I'm playing; if I just hit play I hear only the recorded tracks.

Re: Oops!

vbass62 said:
I accidently had the outputs on tracks 3&4 going to 3-4. I have them set at 1-2 now. Thanks for you quick repsonse.

Next question: How do I listen back to already recorded tracks and play along with them? If I hit record, I hear all tracks including the one I'm playing; if I just hit play I hear only the recorded tracks.

Not sure what you are asking here. If you press the record button on the individual track(s) where you want to record what you are playing along, you still need to click on the record button on the transport. After that, you can press the spacebar and recording will start.

You will know that the track is recording because in the window which shows the waveforms, it will fill in the area in red until you stop the recording.

Re: Playing Along

vbass62 said:
What about just playing along with recorded material without it actually being recorded.

Take the playback tracks out of Record mode and record arm your track that you want to practice with the pre-recorded tracks. Hit play on the transport control....not record.

**Auto Input Monitor** will make it so you hear what's on the record-enabled track when it's playing back, and you only hear what you are playing when you are *actually recording*. So you don;t hear yourself if the track is record-enabled, but you are not actually recording, just playing back.

**Input Only Monitor** makes it so you always hear what you are playing on a record-enabled track, whether it's playing or recording (and you do not hear what is recorded there).

This can get confusing. To make it simple, I always use Input Only Monitoring, then when I want to listen to what I've recorded, I take the track out of record mode. Auto input monitor is useful (probably required) when you're punching in and you have a selection set up... that's the only time I use it. Read up on these modes in the Reference Guide and you will figure it all out quickly.

Back