Digi 001 for PC + Analog Mixing Board? I am so confused...

trillion

I am looking at buying Digidesign's Digi 001.
Primarily because it has a cheeper but very powerful version of Pro Tools. But it only has 8 inputs. I am buying Behringer 32 channel/8 bus Analog mixer and I really want to hook it up to the computer to use the pro tools. It is an 8 bus mixer. Is there anyway I can asign those buses to the 8 inputs on the 001 box. I don't want to have to plug my mics directly in. AHHH!!! Someone please help me. I am new to all of this computer recording and I don't know how to hook up stuff. Thanks Again!

You only need more than 8 inputs if you're going to record more than 8 tracks at one time. You need a patch bay that you wire the inputs of the Digi001, your group outputs of your mixer and also direct outputs of your individual channels (if your mixer has them). If it doesn't, you can use the channel inserts to do the same thing. With a set up like this you have some flexability on how you patch things. You wouldn't want to just use the group outs to feed your system for everything, just signals that are "grouped".

i'm not positive, but i'm pretty sure the xlr inputs on the digi001 are combined inputs where you can also just stick a 1/4" plug in (look at them upclose, you'll be able to see it, assuming i'm right)... so then you'll 8 1/4" inputs on the digi001 which will coorespond to each buss (or direct outs or standalone preamps or whatever you want to use)

Back