Digi 001 direct sound problems

Geeman

Hi,
I've got a digi 001 in my setup at home. I'm having problems getting direct sound going. Most noticeably when i try to run adobe premiere, where the program won't run at all because it can't find an appropriate audio device. In the documentation digidesign recommend a separate sound card for direct sound applictions (or something to this effect). is there a way around this? If not i guess i'm looking for a good budget sound card ( < 100 euros to run with my pro-tools card). I looking for a card that has direct sound, is cheap and reliable. This will mostly be used with Adobe premiere for video editing. Any help would be appreciated.
p.s. my pc is running windows xp.

Geeman said:
Hi,
I've got a digi 001 in my setup at home. I'm having problems getting direct sound going. Most noticeably when i try to run adobe premiere, where the program won't run at all because it can't find an appropriate audio device. In the documentation digidesign recommend a separate sound card for direct sound applictions (or something to this effect). is there a way around this? If not i guess i'm looking for a good budget sound card ( < 100 euros to run with my pro-tools card). I looking for a card that has direct sound, is cheap and reliable. This will mostly be used with Adobe premiere for video editing. Any help would be appreciated.
p.s. my pc is running windows xp.

Did you checked the Digi 002 as main audio output in your configuration screen in XP?

I tried the wavedriver and asio drivers but to no joy, with premier at least. It's a digi-001 and works with most of my other audio applications, e.g. windows media player, cool edit e.t.c It is ver 5.3.1 i have though. I'll get on to digidesign. Thanks for you're help.

Back