Difference in memory brands?

alonso

I wanted to buy ddr 2700 memory and wondered if there was a difference between quality or performance between brands like Mushkin, Corsair or Kingston. Mushkin seems to be the most expensive and I found a good deal on Corsair Dimms. Is Corsair alright?:confused:

Ive read on more than one occassion that Corsair is just fine...Though I have never used it. Kingston, Crucial or Samsung for me.
--MIKE

Crucial, Mushkin, Samsung, Corsair, and OCZ all make good memory. Crucial is typically the cheapest so that's what I buy.

All those brands sound good to me. I'd say go for the cheapest of any well known brand. Paying a premium price is only interesting if you want to seriously overclock your computer.
Manufacturers of expensive memory claim that their memory stays stable when you do. That's often true. But I'd say that it isn't smart to overclock at all when you're doing an important recording.

Crucial. Not only is it good quality, it's also reasonably priced, and you can match your motherboard with the exact memory on their website (ECC, non-ECC, etc).

Back