Did NOT get an 8track on ebay :(

ClausRogge

I really wnated this Fostex R-8 ... seller in Vienna so I could have just popped over and gotten it. But someone got it for just TWO Euros more than my max. bid!
Life´s so unfair. But just wait ... I´m going to get one!

you should have bid the most you wanted to pay, then you can't be angry if someone bids more, cause they are the moron willing to pay too much.

you should have bid the most you wanted to pay, then you can't be angry if someone bids more, cause they are the moron willing to pay too much.

Moron? Maybe he just has a bigger toy budget.

That's like the psychology that, when you are driving, everyone going slower than you is a moron, and everyone who's going faster is a maniac. :)

see when alanswenson said this, everyone should have chimed in

"yeah! that is how the max bidding system works with ebay, you max bid the MOST you would be willing to pay for it, and then if it goes over, well, at least you're not overpaying."

and then i would have said

"good point alan swenson, the person that started this should learn better ebaying skills."

but yah didn't. so now i have to write this b-s post :D

If folks bid the most they are willing to pay, no matter what the outcome, everyone is happy.

If your idea of what the most you are wiling to pay changes after the auction ends, then you are not happy.

ah well this was great. i think we all learned a good lesson about eBay. Today's episode was brought to you by the letters B and S and by the number 8. see you next week! :p

How are the parts availability for the Fostex machines? If you don't have your heart set on Fostex you can buy Teac or Tascam because they still have good availability for parts. Good luck.

see when alanswenson said this, everyone should have chimed in

"yeah! that is how the max bidding system works with ebay, you max bid the MOST you would be willing to pay for it, and then if it goes over, well, at least you're not overpaying."

and then i would have said

"good point alan swenson, the person that started this should learn better ebaying skills."

but yah didn't. so now i have to write this b-s post :D

So what is this "max bid" you cherish so highly and where can I get one?
Never mind, I found one on e-bay, crap, there's are a lot of them!:)

How are the parts availability for the Fostex machines? If you don't have your heart set on Fostex you can buy Teac or Tascam because they still have good availability for parts. Good luck.
I´d prefer Tascam but there were a lot of these Fostexes around before the computerbased thing set in. And AFAIK there was no Tascam with 8 tracks on 1/4" tape which is what I want. Thanks for wishing me good luck dodge and thanks to everyone else for making me laugh so much ... Yeah I figured it would be stupid to pay more than 222,22 € for this machine so that´s what I entered and it went for 224. Afterwards, of course, 1,78 would not have mattered.

But someone got it for just TWO Euros more than my max. bid! Life´s so unfair.

Similar thing happened to me, I was looking for a multitrack recorder on ebay a few months ago, it was at a local tascam 34b and i set my self a price of 300 dollars for it. Bids kept rising with a minute to go and so i bidded 320 and then the other guy just kept bidding higher and higher so unwillingly i pulled out and he got it for 350. I was bummed out because that recorder would have suited me perfectly.

Turned out however, a month later, the guy who bought it relisted it on eBay and wrote something like 'Bought this recorder on eBay a few weeks ago and seller failed to notify me that the record function is broken so now selling it' and the price was like 100 dollars.
Man was i lucky.

Only the 388 which is an entire machine and mixing desk, like a giant portastudio, not a separate machine. Though they come highly recommended.
I don´t think they happened very much in Europe. I´ve never seen one. Might have been a US only thing but I´m not sure.

Back