Device will not get detected

mustaeki

I recently purchased an Emu 0202 and I have install everything 100% how it says, and even got updated drivers and software from their website. But when I go into what to use for my default soundcard only thing that shows up in the Realtek thing, which is the default for windows. Also, the Audio application for it does not show that it is connected/detected. It's connected with a USB2 that it came with, and on. I'm getting kinda pissed cause I payed 150 bucks for it. Is there any other reasons for why it is not being detected?

Edit: If I turn it on, it will be detected by windows as a new USB device and ask to install new hardware, so it works there.

Last edited:
do this.. i have had this happen before

go to the device manager, and uninstall the drivers for your gear.. do the same for ANY software that came with it that you installed..

unplug your device, and LEAVE IT UNPLUGGED

install all your drivers and apps for that hardware (always get the drivers from their site, which i can see you did :D)

restart your machine

when the desktop is fully loaded, plug in your device, and turn it on

when prompted, let windows search for and install the drivers for it.. it will search through its own file system for the drivers that you installed from the website, register them, and install them..

now, it should work.. you should see that device come up in playback devices..

can you tell me the specs of your pc? version of windows, 32 or 64 bit, etc etc etc etc

that will just help us figure out whats going on

XP 32 Service pack 2
I'll try you method in a bit I'm busy with something right now, thanks for the reply

Should I also take off Mixcraft 4? Cause it came with that aswell

yeah.. just to be safe.. uninstall eeevvverrrryything.. including the driver from the device manager.. that is very important..

especially with XP, i think that is your problem.. my emu xboard did the same thing, and its class compliant USB, so yeah.. go figure.. hahaha

hope it works out for ya

Won't get detected, eh? Try to bring it with you the next time you take a commercial flight...

Back