Determining BPM of a clip?

cstockdale

supafly killa homey
I am working remotely (file exchange) with a bass player/drummer who sends me gobs of loops on nearly a daily basis. They are all done to a drum machine, and although he sends me the BPM of the file, sometimes they are off (or wrong). I need to convert all these loops to ACID-ized format (Groove Clips) so I can continue to work with them (he can't do it, because he is just recording to a 4-track ).

How can I quickly determine the exact tempo of the clip so that I can convert these things to Groove Clips with the correct tempo? I have fiddled manually with a few, mostly by guesswork. I enter the supposed timing in the tempo window of Sonar and line up the first beat with the beginning of a measure and play with the tempo setting until the next measure line in the track view lines up with the next 1-beat, but it takes a few minutes for each clip, and when he has sent me 15 clips, that can take me an hour to get them all set up before I can even begin to fiddle with them for my own purposes...and I don't have that kind of time.

thanks for that link.... that should work. At least it will help speed the process considerably.

Anyone use Cyclone? That might be able to do it too...

an automated solution is ideal.

Back