desperately searching for mics :@

fazil

for those who live in belgium, where do you get your mics ?
Seems like there's no place were I can get Mxl mics... i checked keymusic and piens' site.
I'm also looking for the SP B1 mic but alas i couldn't find any store/dealer as well
I think using online-shops is too expensive for shipping costs here....
maybe if you have any suggestions for a similar mic to the B1 that is easy to find, I would be very glad as well
thnx in advance

i hope my post is rellevant to this subject :D

Fazil, Studio Projects mics are becoming slowly available in England, but you might consider Rode or AKG mics because of their price point on the continent. If you like B-1, consider AKG C2000B. I don't like the 3000, but the 2000 is an excellent all-purpose workhorse mic.-Richie

Fazil: Avoid places like Key or Piens... They charge you waaaay too much for anything. check the secondhand pages (Koopjeskrant or ebay.be or ebay.de) or buy in Germany (www.musicstorekoeln.de or www.thomann.de)

You're even cheaper when buying in the states and paying shipment and import taxes and all then buying something in one of those two mentioned stores.

I don't know your situation, but imo AKG is ok, while Rode is great!

BTW: it's not the shipping costs, it's adding VAT + import taxes afterwards that is killing the price...

example: bought a soft bag for my double bass direct in the states from the manufacturer. These babies cost about 1200€ in Belgium! I got it from the manufacturer for about 500€ and when delivered to my doorstep + importing the thing the total sum got up to about 750€ (which is still significantly under the belgium street price)

Herwig

if i were living anywhere on the continent, i would be on ebay.de all day long. some great deals on sennheisers and beyers. or some milabs, or B&O ribbons. or hop in a car and drive to russia and pick up some dirt cheap mics...

i wouldnt get so excited about the inexpensive chinese condensers.

but if you are, and since the euro is so strong. i would say, make a friend on this board and have them send it to you! grey market!

Back