desks

Brian-Idol

Anyone know of a good desk, or a way to build one, for the Behringer MX9000, which is about the same size as the mackie 24x8? I've seen alot of nice ones in the studios that have been posted here, and I was wondering i those were built or bought and how much it cost either way. As much help as possible would be appreciated.

thanks

prices?

Hey Bruce,

I went to the site and checked out some f their models, and I got to say, I'm impressed! But, I couldn't find prices anywhere. You say you got the synergy 800? How much did it cost you, and would that fit a behringer mx9000?

thanks,
-Brian

Omnirax pricing is about the same as Argosy....
Sorry my mistake - it was the Synergy 600 and was around $1700 or so........ the difference between the 600/800/1000 is the width...

They will fit their desks to ANY console/mixer....

Bruce

If you are better with wood than I, I say build. A good real console table will cost you much dollars. For my TMD4000's and 1000's the quotates were in the 3-4k range, because it would have to be 6' wide and have custom specs.

Anyway, John Sayer was kind enough to slap up a website for me, and you can see my homemade console table. Mine needs some trim and paint, but its more than functional. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://home.locall.aunz.com/~johnsay/Studio/Pages/Monkey1.htm

My console table cost close to $50 in wooden materials, another six for a several lb box of deck screws, and another 10 for angle irons which I used to hold it all together. Oh, and the 20 dollar black pipe I have in the front where my mixers overhang. Say, 100 bucks?

I used 2x4's and plywood, and obviously hardwood would be appropriately more expensive. Once I finish wiring my place, I'll be unloading all the gear and painting it all black using a good quality paint.

Hope that helps,

Frederic

Brian-Idol said:
Anyone know of a good desk, or a way to build one, for the Behringer MX9000, which is about the same size as the mackie 24x8? I've seen alot of nice ones in the studios that have been posted here, and I was wondering i those were built or bought and how much it cost either way. As much help as possible would be appreciated.

thanks

thanks

Thanks Frederic and everyone else who replied.

I'll most likely take Frederic's advice and build my own console, because I'd rather save the 1-2k it'll cost me to buy one and buy other goodies for the studio with that money:D

Again thanks

I recently built mine to take my Soundcraft Studio 24/8, patchbays and some rack gear. It is basically about 6 premade units which screw together .........makes it easier to move when I have to, which will be when I eventually build the control room.

Hopefully the photos will attach to this post OK.

Peace.........ChrisO :cool:

Attachments

• desk 2a.jpg
    desk 2a.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 853
This pic didn't attach before. Also I have now added patchbays, nearfields and other assorted stuff..........things never stay tidy.

:cool:

Attachments

• desk 1a.jpg
    desk 1a.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 885
You made that?

Holy shit!

How do I delete my pictures? I"m totally embarrased now!!!

ausrock said:
This pic didn't attach before. Also I have now added patchbays, nearfields and other assorted stuff..........things never stay tidy.

:cool:

I lucked out

A friend of a friend had a studio/club, and he sold the club and they didnt want the studio. He the desk he had built for it sitting out in his back yard, and and didnt have room for it, so, rather than let it get rained on, he let me have it for free.

I could build you one but you better live in Sweden, 'cause otherwise the shipping will be insane.

Ola,

You should have said for $xxxxx you would deliver it personally to his home. Get a free vacation out of it !!!!!!!

Just teasing :)

Frederic

ola said:
I could build you one but you better live in Sweden, 'cause otherwise the shipping will be insane.

Guys,

Thanks for the compliments, y'all making me feel kind of embarassed.

For anyone who is thinking about making or buying an equipment desk in the future, here is the way I approached it and eventually came up with "The Creation"..........
Go to the Studios Under Construction site of John and Brian's (there are links all trough this forum).
Have a good look at the different setups people have and print out any photos that take your fancy.
Try and visualise actually working at these desks and having to reach out and touch the gear...........if you feel you could work comfortably at one of these studios then keep it in your memory for future use.......if a particular design doesn't "feel" right......then discard it.
Dont rush it but keep doing the "visualisation" thing until you come up with a concept that you feel comfortable with.

I have to acknowledge particularly Track Rat and Bruce V, as it was photos of their desks and my continual "visualising" that spawned the ideas for my creation.

Peace...........ChrisO :cool:

ausrock said:
I recently built mine to take my Soundcraft Studio 24/8, patchbays and some rack gear. It is basically about 6 premade units which screw together .........makes it easier to move when I have to, which will be when I eventually build the control room.

Hopefully the photos will attach to this post OK.

Peace.........ChrisO :cool:

Damn that is a nice desk. hey how would you fell about building me one? :D how much did it set you back? i know not as mush as most desk $899 and up. i want to get a table built for no more than $250

Back