Desk Chair Suggestion

urobolusmusic

Hi there, this seemed like the best place to put my question.

I'm trying to find a new chair to sit in when using my DAW, and any Google I try usually results in pages upon pages of either wheel chairs or lawn chairs. :confused: I figure maybe someone here has looked for the same thing and found it, which would save me hours of searching.

I'm just looking for a pretty standard desk chair, prefereably not leather, on wheels, has adjustable height, but the most important feature would be arms that fold down so you can move them out of your way if your playing guitar, but you can fold back up if your just listening.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Well spoke too soon. Went back to try some more and stumbled across 'flip-up arm chairs' just in case anyone else is trying to find the same.

Thanks!

Funny that you posted this, because I have been looking for this, for a while now. In fact, just yesterday I went to Home Depot and hacked together a way to flip up the right arm of my office chair. The verdict is still out on it, though, as it makes the arm wobbly.

Let me know if you find one that you're really happy with.

Well, I'm throwing in the towel. I've spent a good portion of the last three days searching every corner of the internet and the link I posted is the cheapest you are going to find. The next cheapest start in the $600 price range.

Good luck, post if you find something else.

:)

How about two chairs, one with arms, and one without? Should be able to find one of each fairly cheap. I use an old piano stool or my drum throne for playing and and old office chair for listening.

Cheers,

Otto

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

Don't want to do that for two reasons: don't have the room, and I hate clutter. Two chairs in my 12x12 room would drive me nuts.

Don't mean to keep bumping this thread, but I finally found something that I think is reasonably priced. I guess the key was giving up and not really caring, but just doing one last search for sh**s and giggles.

$119.95 after rebate... Think I'm picking up one tomorrow when I get paid.

http://www.globalindustrial.com/gcs...m.itemKey=30045503&infoParam.picGroupKey=3474

I would quit updating this, but I've run into a lot of people over the years looking for something like this that is reasonable... just trying to make it easier for other people. :o

Back