Demo ?

Shailat

I have finaly finished this current album with this singer and it's being sent to print, however I have one resevation on this specific song.

It's first intention was a demo that we could work on later perhaps for a different future project. So we quickly recorded one track of:
A. Guitar
Bass
Drums
Lead Vox

But then the singer insisted to print this song on the album instead of a different better produced song, even with knowing that we didn't have the time to work on this song nor the money.

Since she is the paying client, I agreed to exchange it (after hours of hot debate) but insisted that at least we redo the Lead Vox and add Back Vox to fill in the holes a bit.

I'm not totaly happy with the end result.I think it's still sitting between a demo and a finished product. I would like to hear what you guys think. It's about 2.3M and called - Dem1.mp3. There is a better encoded one called Dem11~1
which is 3.8m. Take your pick.

Please check it out at:
http://diskwise.com
Email address: mwohl@inter.net.il
Password: music

[Edited by Shailat on 08-03-2000 at 13:34]

Encoding rate too low

Although much of the mix came across clearly at 96, I think the issues of quality you're asking people to review would be easier to describe at 192.

I think perfectionism might be playing a part here. As the engineer, you know all the things that could be better. Your standards are understandably very high... your name will be attached to the finished product. But there is something to be said about leaving the rough edges sometimes. I guess I can understand if it's going to be difficult to place it in context with the other material, but I'm just hearing it on it's own... and it's sound fine to me.

I agree with pglewis that the recording sounds fine and that perfectionism is definately a factor in your judgement of this recording. The vox/client has an excellent voice. Investing in her own talent is money well spent.

Perhaps both of you are right.

Maybe it's becuase I know it was a Demo to start with I'm being a little harsh on it.

Back