Delta1010LT

fweyd

Im gonna buy this in a few days.. for $199 + a free MXL 990 :D

and im wondering. Can I just use this as my "regular" soundcard ? I mean for gaming, for listening to music and what not ? Can i use outs 1 and 2 for that ? thanks.

can you guys give me advice ?

pls listen to my link.. www.soundclick.com/dodo

listen to COMPO6-DrumTrack.

that's recorded with a Pearl Export Kit, with 3 Mics. 1 Behringer C-1 Overhead. 1 Behringer XM1800 for snare, 1 Behringer XM1800 for Bass.

Im running it into a UB-2222FXPRO then tape out to my Realtek AC97 Built-In Soundcard.

Will I see a difference of Night And Day if I get a Delta1010LT ?

Sounds pretty good for an AC97.

The highs from the cymbals sound a little brittle & harsh, but how of that much is due to your preamps is hard to say. You'll definitely get a better sound with the LT, but night & day? Probably not

Not sure really. You could try and EQ it, but maybe that's just the way the cymbals sound. The drums sound good.
One thing you'll notice with the LT is the lower noise floor. That humming buzz you can hear will be gone

You might also try useing some better Mics than the Behringer XM1800 as they are pretty Cheapo Mics (about $10 each) Like Maybe a SM57 for the Snare or even a Cheap Drum Mic system....

cheers

Sounds pretty good for a AC97... Anyway, i´m almost sure that those those cymbals are not too good. The china reminds me zbt zildjians or something like that... am i wrong?
No soundcard will help you if u record with crappy instruments...

Just curious......how many of you have ran a mixer or mic pre into AC97 before going out and buying a "recording" sound card? It's really not as bad as alot of people say it is, considering this is home recording.

the cymbals are top notch..

14" A New Beat Hi Hats
18" A Custom Crash
18" K Custom Dark Crash
22" A Custom Ping Ride
16" Oriental China Trash
10" A custom splash.

I really dont know why they sound so harsh and bad.. :(

Yeah those cymbals should sound a lot better than that.

The culprit is probably the C1. Try to borrow a decent overhead and see if that makes a difference

TravisinFlorida said:
Just curious......how many of you have ran a mixer or mic pre into AC97 before going out and buying a "recording" sound card? It's really not as bad as alot of people say it is, considering this is home recording.

From a home recording point of view I think the biggest benefits in a 'proper' soundcard over a stock one is the reduction in noise and the multitracking capability

Bulls Hit said:
From a home recording point of view I think the biggest benefits in a 'proper' soundcard over a stock one is the reduction in noise and the multitracking capability

I agree. Add low latencey to the list unless you're able to make use of the asio4all driver. I would still drop my money toward a decent mic and pre before getting a new sound card though.

Back